Subject: [clue] Some comments on draft-presta-clue-data-model-schema-00

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:42:27 -0400

I read through the schema again making notes on things that seem worthy 
of discussion:

ISTM that clueInfoType is an odd choice of name. I think this is really 
the type for the body of an advertisement, with the exception of some 
housekeeping related to the protocol, such as a sequence number. The 
configuration message will also contain some clue info, but not the same 
as this.

There is a single mediaCaptures element in a clueInfoType, shared by all 
the captureScenes. This suggests that it is ok for a single mediaCapture 
to appear in multiple scenes. But that logically makes no sense. So ISTM 
that there ought to be a separate mediaCaptures element within each 
captureScene. That would also scope the names, so that references to a 
capture would need to be qualified by a reference to a scene. (So far 
there seem to be no references, but there will be in the configure message.)

The <content> element (within a mediaCaptureType) should probably be of 
a defined type rather than just a string. (We may still have more to 
discuss about what that type is.)

Re captureAreaType: I agree with other comments that the labels for 
these points could be better. What we intend is that the four points 
describe a planar quadrilateral. It would be nice if the representation 
guaranteed that, though I can see no convenient way to ensure that.

Is sceneAreaType really needed? Couldn’t the captureSceneType simply 
contain a captureAreaType and then the scale independently?

Based on the interim, the WG has more work to do on switching policies, 
which is likely to affect the schema representation.

	Thanks,
	Paul (as individual)