Subject: [clue] comment on data-model-schema-01

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:24:49 +0200

Hi Simon,

The major problem is that the example demonstrates the need to have the
spatial description. Currently there is no way to know from the example
which stream is left, middle and right. The text name is a free text
description field and not machine readable.

Just moving the minoccur=0 to the spatialDescriptionType structure does not
address the problem. There are two case, when you describe a room you must
at list specify the capture point and the area of capture in order to
provide the left to right relation. (this needs to be explicitly specified).

If you want to  provide streams which have no need for spatial information
than you can provide unspecified value, my view is that this is a scene
definition if you need to provide spatial information.

The point made at a meeting is what about a switched view, like a media
capture that will send the media of the active speaker and is changing
dynamically, how to provide spatial information for this case, is it the
whole room as the area of capture and the switched hints that you will get
part of it each time.

Thanks

Roni

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Simon Pietro Romano
Sent: 01 October, 2012 7:37 PM
To: Paul Kyzivat
Cc: CLUE
Subject: Re: [clue] Minutes for design team meeting today, 1-oct-2012

Hi all,

first of all let me 'publicly' apologize for missing the call.
Please find in-line our answers to your first comments on the schema file.

I thought the conclusion was that we needed to have the spatialDescription
in the mediaCaptureType in the schema as mandatory (as opposed to the
current minoccurs="0").  

OK. No problem with this. Fixed in version -01 of the draft.

Then, define the spatialDescriptionType to have two (either/or) subtypes
under that: 1) the existing schema 2)a schema allowing less specific
information in cases where the entirety of the spatial description is not
required.  I don't know right off what the XML schema for that might be, but
we can discuss that on the list.

This has also been taken into account in version -01 of the draft, which
also contains an ad hoc "diff" section that should help you track down the
changes we made. So, please comment on such version from now on. 
In the meantime, we'll keep on working on our revision of the current
documents and come back to you soon 
on this list.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions,

Simon and Roberta

I don't think we decided exactly how/if that might impact the framework,
since the framework doesn't necessarily require that a media capture have
spatial information.

Mary. 

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]> wrote:

I posted my notes from the design team meeting today on the wiki.
You can look at them at:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/attachment/wiki/Design-Team/minutes-
121001.txt

The entire meeting was spent discussing whether the spatialDescription
element in the mediaCaptureType should be optional. This was really a
discussion about the framework rather than the schema, because the schema is
simply representing what the framework called for.

I don't think we reached a conclusion.

        Thanks,
        Paul
_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

-- 
                            _\\|//_
                            ( O-O )
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Simon Pietro Romano
              Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                 Computer Science Department 
        Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                e-mail: [email-masked]
          http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano
 
    <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli 
   idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                         oooO
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          \ (    (   )
                           \_)    ) /
                                 (_/