Subject: [clue] Minutes: Design Team meeting - Oct. 8th, 2012

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:27:39 -0500

Hi all,

Here are my notes based upon my chicken scratches during the meeting.
 Thanks to everyone for attending.

IETF CLUE WG design team meeting, Oct. 8th, 2012

Participants:
------------
Mary Barnes
Roni Even
Rob Hansen
Christer Holmberg
Paul Kyzivat
Roberta Presta
Simon Pietro Romano

Recording:
----------
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=8546972&rKey=a1502e66142c8a2b

New action items:
-----------------
- Simon/Roberta: update the schema per discussion below
- Roni: propose how we can do codecs in the encodingGroup

New issues:
-------------
- Simultaneous sets (per below)
- How to describe codecs in the encodingGroup (per below)

Notes by Mary
==============
Discussing this thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg01971.html

Discussing Schema:
- Roni: why are coordinates required if you have one camera?  Can just do
this in SDP with content attribute.  Unless you have spatial information,
you don't need CLUE.
- Question: what about a hybrid model - i.e., CLUE in one direction?
 Advertisement is uni-directional
- Simon: Maybe this can be done by just including a pointer/identifier to
the capturePoint
- Distinction between audio and video was noted.  Simon's suggestion would
then provide different constructs depending upon media type.  i.e.,
separate elements for capturePoint and captureArea . Video would have both.
Audio just needs capturePoint.
- Simon noted this could nicely solve the issue with simultaneous sets
- Action: Simon and Roberta - update the data-model-schema to reflect this
proposal.
- Roni: discussing example (noted spatial information missing from VC1, VC2
and VC3)

Discussing Simultaneous sets [New issue]:
- If you have audio & video, do they need to be in a simultaneous set?
- If you have two capture scenes are they in simultaneous sets or do they
need to be in the same capture scene
- Paul: model lets you define captures that can be in multiple scenes.
 Maybe this should not be allowed.  MCU example.
- Roni: MCU will define own mediaCapture names

Discussing Encoding groups:
- Simon: this is based on the framework.  Put some stuff in the schema to
show how the encoding type can be extended. Propose to remove H.264 stuff.
- Roni: Will there be a value used for any codec or is it codec specific or
do we always use same units.  Action: Roni to propose how this should be
done. [New issue]