Subject: [clue] Individual and group encode

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:48:03 +0200

Hi,

During the conference call yesterday one question was about how to represent
individual encodes.

Currently the framework has a video encode in table 2 and audio in table 3.

For the audio the only parameter is bandwidth

The question is do we think we will have one video and one audio for all
codecs so for video we will always use from the following table

+--------------+----------------------------------------------------+

   | Name         | Description                                        |

   +--------------+----------------------------------------------------+

   | encodeID     | A unique identifier for the individual encoding    |

   | maxBandwidth | Maximum number of bits per second                  |

   | maxH264Mbps  | Maximum number of macroblocks per second: ((width  |

   |              | + 15) / 16) * ((height + 15) / 16) *               |

   |              | framesPerSecond                                    |

   | maxWidth     | Video resolution's maximum supported width,        |

   |              | expressed in pixels                                |

   | maxHeight    | Video resolution's maximum supported height,       |

   |              | expressed in pixels                                |

   | maxFrameRate | Maximum supported frame rate                       |

   +--------------+----------------------------------------------------+

Maxh264Mpbs regardless of the coded. In which case the proposal was to
change the name to generic maxMbps

If we think that there will be a different one for other codecs for example
for H.265 we will have a different individual encodes as in the following
table, we will need a different element in the schema per codec.

+--------------+----------------------------------------------------+
   | Name         | Description                                        |
   +--------------+----------------------------------------------------+
   | encodeID     | A unique identifier for the individual encoding    |
   | maxBandwidth | Maximum number of bits per second                  |
   | maxH265Mbps  | Maximum number of macroblocks per second: ((width  |
   |              | + 15) / 16) * ((height + 15) / 16) *               |
   |              | framesPerSecond                                    |
   | maxWidth     | Video resolution's maximum supported width,        |
   |              | expressed in pixels                                |
   | maxHeight    | Video resolution's maximum supported height,       |
   |              | expressed in pixels                                |
   | maxFrameRate | Maximum supported frame rate                       |
   +--------------+----------------------------------------------------+

 

If we use the two encodes how will the group encode look like using  table4
from the framework, how do you  calculate all combinations of H264 and
H.265. It will work if you use maxgroupMbps as a generic value but does it
mean that this is true for different video codecs.

+-------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
   | Name              | Description                                   |
   +-------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
   | encodeGroupID     | A unique identifier for the encoding group    |
   | maxGroupBandwidth | Maximum number of bits per second relating to |
   |                   | all encodings combined                        |
   | maxGroupH264Mbps  | Maximum number of macroblocks per second      |
   |                   | relating to all video encodings combined      |
   | maxGroupH265Mbps  | Maximum number of macroblocks per second      |
   |                   | relating to all video encodings combined      |
   |videoEncodings[264]| Set of potential encodings (list of           |
   |                   | encodeIDs)                                    |
   |videoEncodings[265]| Set of potential encodings (list of           |
   |                   | encodeIDs)                                    |
   | audioEncodings[]  | Set of potential encodings (list of           |
   |                   | encodeIDs)                                    |
   +-------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

Thanks

Roni