Subject: [clue] review of http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-presta-clue-data-model-schema-01

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:33:49 +0200

Hi,

I looked at the updated version and have a couple of comments

1 I already said in the previous version that in the example VC0, VC1, and
VC2 must have spatial information since otherwise it is not clear what  they
represent.

2 I noticed the new nativeAspectRatio attribute. I think we discussed it in
IETF84 and it was not agreed to add any new information from
draft-romanow-clue-data-model-01 to the framework. I suggest that before
having it here we should see if it should be added to the framework as an
attribute. The text in draft-romanow-clue-data-model-01 says it is helpful
for rendering (not for advertise or config) and this information is
available as part of the payload.

3 What is the purpose of the new clueinfoid. Is it to identify the version
of the data?. Need some text to explain it.

Thanks

Roni Even

---

From: Roberta Presta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:06:36 +0100

Hi Roni,

please see inline.

Il 31/10/2012 00:33, Roni Even ha scritto:
> 1 I already said in the previous version that in the example VC0, VC1, 
> and VC2 must have spatial information since otherwise it is not clear 
> what  they represent.
>

Of course you are right, the example is missing that spatial information.
We are currently discussing a new XML Schema definition for media 
captures. We will upload the updated example in the new version of the 
draft,  according to that definition modification.
The new media capture definition would force captures to be spatially 
described or to be marked as non-spatially definible (the last case 
could be the one of registrations, DVDs, registered presentation, or 
external stream). According to that proposal, in the next version, VC0, 
VC1, and VC2 will be provided with a <spatialInformation> element 
containing information about capture points, capture axis points and 
capture areas.

> 2 I noticed the new *nativeAspectRatio attribute. I think we discussed 
> it in IETF84 and it was not agreed to add any new information from 
> *draft-romanow-clue-data-model-01 to the framework. I suggest that 
> before having it here we should see if it should be added to the 
> framework as an attribute. The text in 
> draft-romanow-clue-data-model-01 says it is helpful for rendering (not 
> for advertise or config) and this information is available as part of 
> the payload.
>

Thanks for signaling it, I missed that discussion. I would just remark 
that, in the data model draft, we are trying to organize all information 
aiming at describing what are the media captures, spatial information 
and encoding capabilities of a telepresence room endpoint. Advertisement 
and configure messages are not aimed at carrying the document we are 
defining "as a whole" in their bodies (they are not formally defined 
anywhere, up to now, as far as I know).
Native aspect ratio conveys further information about a video capture, 
that's why we placed it as an optional field in the formal description 
of a video capture.

> 3 What is the purpose of the new clueinfoid. Is it to identify the 
> version of the data?. Need some text to explain it.
>

At this point of the work, we put it as a placeholder... It would be an 
identifier for the document describing the general capabilities of a 
CLUE telepresence room.
I think versioning should be managed for this kind of documents, maybe 
we can discuss about the definition of an appropriate attribute aimed to 
that purpose.
What are your feelings about that?

Cheers,

Roberta

> Thanks
>
> Roni Even
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue