Subject: [clue] Capture Attribute Discussion: 4.6.1 Dynamic

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:37:31 +1100

Hello,

The dynamic attribute is described in draft-groves-clue-capture-attr:
"4.6.1.   Dynamic

    In the framework it has been assumed that the capture point is a
    fixed point within a telepresence session.  However depending on the
    conference scenario this may not be the case.  In tele-medical or
    tele-education cases a conference may include cameras that move
    during the conference.  For example: a camera may be placed at
    different positions in order to provide the best angle to capture a
    work task, or may include a camera worn by a participant.  This would
    have an effect of changing the capture point, capture axis and area
    of capture.  In order that the remote endpoint can chose to layout/
    render the capture appropriately an indication of if the camera is
    dynamic should be indicated in the initial capture description.

    This indicates that the spatial information related to the capture
    may be dynamic and change through the conference.  Thus captures may
    be characterised as static, dynamic or highly dynamic.  The capture
    point of a static capture does not move for the life of the
    conference.  The capture point of dynamic captures is categorised by
    a change in position followed by a reasonable period of stability.
    High dynamic captures are categorised by a capture point that is
    constantly moving.  This may assist an endpoint in determining the
    correct display layout.  If the "area of capture", "capture point"
    and "line of capture" attributes are included with dynamic or highly
    dynamic captures they indicate spatial information at the time a CLUE
    message is sent.  No information regarding future spatial information
    should be assumed."

Hopefully the above text is sufficient to explain the intention of the 
attribute. Does anybody have concerns about adding it to the framework?

Regards, Christian