Subject: [clue] Capture Attribute Discussion: 4.6.3. Supplementary Description

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:37:37 +1100

Hello,

The supplementary description attribute is described in 
draft-groves-clue-capture-attr:

"4.6.3.  Supplementary Description

    Some conferences utilise translators or facilitators that provide an
    additional audio stream (i.e. a translation or description of the
    conference).  These persons may not be pictured in a video capture.
    Where multiple audio captures are presented it may be advantageous
    for an endpoint to select a supplementary stream instead of or
    additional to an audio feed associated with the participants from a
    main video capture.  Therefore an attribute is proposed for this.
    Depending on the results of the discussion of the source device this
    parameter may be another value for the source.

    This indicates that a capture provides additional description of the
    conference.  For example an additional audio stream that provides a
    commentary of a conference that provides supplementary information
    (e.g. a translation) or extra information to participants in
    accessible conferences."

Does any one have concerns about adding this to the framework?

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:29:17 +1100

Hello Mike,

"Supplementary Description" probably isn't the best name for this. The 
idea is not to provide a free text field given more information about 
the capture. The attribute is meant to be a flag to say that the capture 
provides additional information to the "main" conference.

So in the translator case a capture could be indicated by something like 
the following.
AC1 Language=English
AC2 Supplementary Description = TRUE, Language=Chinese

This would indicate that there's an english audio stream and a 
supplementary capture providing a Chinese language audio stream.

Regards, Christian

On 14/12/2012 1:27 AM, Michael Hammer wrote:
> I am wondering if the "Translator" feed is sufficiently important that it
> should be its own attribute.
> It might be better to search for a well-structured element than to hunt for
> such clue in unstructured text.
>
> Mike
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Christian Groves
> Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:38 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [clue] Capture Attribute Discussion: 4.6.3. Supplementary
> Description
>
> Hello,
>
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue