Subject: [clue] Plans for 2013

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:57:00 -0600

Hi all,

Paul and I have been discussing how best to make progress in the WG.
As discussed at IETF-85 (and per the action items), we would like
groups of people to work together on the specific WG deliverables:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/85/minutes/minutes-85-clue
We understand there are inter-dependencies, however, the objective of
this work is to get the structure in place for WG
deliverables/documents and clearly identify issues requiring
resolution for the solution.  We believe that some of the work can
happen in parallel.

Since we have the regular Design Team slots in place, our proposal
would be that each of the calls focus on a specific area/deliverable.
The idea would be that the document team would be on the call to work
through issues.  The teams are open, but the expectation is that
anyone on the call is willing to take action items to propose text.

We would also to schedule more formal Virtual Interim meetings (which
require a two week notice on the IETF announcement list).  The
objective of these meetings would be for a broader group to review the
document(s) before the meeting and then discuss issues at the meeting.
 Considering that the Monday design team slot seemed optimal overall,
we have setup a doodle working around that time (for a two hour
meeting) for Jan 21st - I'll post a separate note with that link.

Depending upon how that goes we would schedule another for Feb. 11th.
It's really important to note that the -00 draft deadline for IETF-86
is February 18th, with the final draft deadline being February 25th.

Comments on this proposal are welcome - either on the list or please
contact the chairs directly.

Regards,
Mary and Paul
CLUE WG co-chairs.

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:12:36 -0600

One further comment is that if folks have in mind dates by which they
plan to have something ready, that would be great for the chairs to
know.  We would like to be able to cover each of the work areas before
IETF-86, so that we can make the best use of that face-to-face time.

Thanks,
Mary.