Subject: [clue] Fwd: [MMUSIC] Unified Plan for SDP Handling

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:32:35 -0500

CLUE folks should also take a look at this document.

Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Subject: [MMUSIC] Unified Plan for SDP Handling
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

[Cross-posting to RTCWEB; follow-ups to MMUSIC, please]

After significant work, Justin, Martin and I have managed to produce a
compromise plan that provides a high degree of interoperability with
existing devices (and future non-WebRTC devices) while not being
excessively onerous for WebRTC implementations or applications that use
them. It's been a tricky balancing act, but I think we've found a good mix
between the two that can form a solid basis for the working group to move
forward.

Rather than summarize the key points of the document in this email, I
direct interested parties to section 2 of the document, which summarizes
the key aspects of the plan in eight relatively concise bullet points.

I apologize for the late publication date of this document -- there's
actually been a lot more work put into coming up with a unified draft than
I originally anticipated, and the production of this document took at least
two weeks longer than I expected it to.

Note that this document is intended to be a plan for the work to be done in
this area, and not a specification in itself. The intention is that its
contents are used as the basis for work in several other drafts -- some
new, some not -- that form the corpus of work necessary for RTCWEB (and
potentially CLUE) to move forward. Except in rare cases, the document does
not attempt to explicitly call out venues or documents for such work, as we
(or, at the very least, I) anticipate guidance from the various working
group chairs to assist in such decisions.

Comments prior to Berlin would be very helpful, although this will clearly
be a point of significant discussion at the face-to-face meeting.

Document link:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-**roach-mmusic-unified-plan-00.**txt<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan-00.txt>

/a
______________________________**_________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/mmusic<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic>