Subject: [clue] WGLC: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases-05.txt

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:28:42 -0500

The chairs would like to start a 3 week WGLC for
draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases-05.

Please post your review comments, including an indication as to
whether you believe the document is ready to progress, no later than
Sunday, July 28th, 2013 24:00 UTC.

Thanks,
Mary.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:41:23 +1000

Hello,

No problem with the draft going forward. I don't think there are any 
major issues. Some comments below:

Abstract: The first sentence seems a bit clunky. As a participant if I'm 
sitting somewhere I'm really present. Elsewhere telepresence has been 
defined as:

" telepresence: An interactive audio-visual communications experience 
between remote locations, where the users enjoy a strong sense of 
realism and presence between participants by optimizing a variety of 
attributes such as audio and video quality, eye contact, gaze awareness, 
body language, spatial audio, coordinated environments and natural image 
size."

Perhaps we can pick up the remote locations aspect?

Section 2 1st para: Propose to insert a word, "We specifically do not 
include in our scenarios the <<physical>> infrastructure..."

Section 2 2nd para: Propose to insert a word, "Microphones pick up sound 
and audio codec(s)<<and>> produce one or..."

Section 2 3rd para: Is the use of M, N and D needed? They're not used 
anywhere else in the document. Also "content streams" is not used 
elsewhere. Presentation stream appears to be the common term. Also the 
word "back" could be removed ie. "...or playing a video for display".

Section 2 above list: Modify text " The fundamental parameters 
describing typical telepresence scenario<<s>> include:"

Section 2 list item 3: "Monitors" is broken into "main" and 
"presentation" should it be the same for "cameras"?

Section 2 list item 6 (and general): The terms "screen", "display" and 
"monitor" are all used interchangeably it would be good to use one term. 
Section 3 appears to use "screen".

Section 2 list item 9: Could we just say "The number of primary screens 
at each site"?

Section 2 list item 10: What is meant by “type” here? Is it the type of 
presentation or the type of monitor?

Section 2 list item 12: "Viewpoint" Should we say "point of capture"? In 
general should we align the terminology where possible with the framework?

Section 2 list item 13: Would it be better to say "...fields or view and 
how they spatially relate to each other."?

Section 2 Last paragraph: "spatial position of the speaker"... Should 
this be "microphone"? Speaker is a person, loudspeaker is the device. 
Should check the draft to see that "loudspeaker" is used when a device 
is meant.

Section 2 Last paragraph: What is meant by "single-node" video 
conferencing unit? Node isn't used anywhere else in the draft.

Section 3 1st para: Could the first 2 sentences be removed or changed? I 
take it we won't be adding more use cases once WGLC is done?

Section 3.2 4th para: ", or put up the date" Is this needed? Putting up 
a date wouldn't maintain full size.

Section 3.5 2nd last para: "e. g." seems to have a large space.

Section 3.6 1st para: modify "... panoramic views at all the site<<s>>."

Section 3.7 1st para: typo "...and spatial layout of p<<a>>rticipants."

Regards, Christian

On 9/07/2013 5:28 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:19:16 -0400

(as co-chair)

Christian,

IMO we can consider your comments below to be WGLC comments.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:00:58 -0700

I think the use case document is ready to progress.

I have comments on a few of Christian's comments.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Christian Groves
> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:41 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [clue] WGLC: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-clue-
> telepresence-use-cases-05.txt

> Section 2 Last paragraph: "spatial position of the speaker"... Should this be
> "microphone"? Speaker is a person, loudspeaker is the device.
> Should check the draft to see that "loudspeaker" is used when a device is
> meant.
[Duckworth, Mark] I think it was meant to be position of the person talking, but I'm not sure that is really what we want to say.  The higher level point is to spatially align the audio and video with each other, I thought was what this was meant to be about.  Maybe replace it with "spatial alignment of audio with video".

> Section 2 Last paragraph: What is meant by "single-node" video conferencing
> unit? Node isn't used anywhere else in the draft.
[Duckworth, Mark] Maybe use "single stream" instead?  (CLUE is "controlling _multiple_ streams for telepresence")

> Section 3.2 4th para: ", or put up the date" Is this needed? Putting up a date
> wouldn't maintain full size.
[Duckworth, Mark] It seems okay to me.  The example is using one full display for one full camera image, with a date or anything else on other displays that are not used for video.

Mark