Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:28:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An XML Schema for the CLUE data model
	Author(s)       : Roberta Presta
                          Simon Pietro Romano
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-00.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document provides an XML schema file for the definition of CLUE
   data model types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:57:23 -0400

Re Priority:

What does "not subject to priority" mean? I can't conceive of how it can 
mean anything. With the new coding, priority zero is the highest 
priority. Isn't that good enough?

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 7/15/13 2:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:21:06 +1000

Hello Paul,

What if some captures are assigned a priority and others aren't? What 
does an endpoint assume about the one's that aren't assigned a priority? 
Highest priority? Lowest priority? No priority? "Not subject to 
priority" really is a formal way of saying don't apply a priority 
mechanism to this capture.

Regards, Christian

On 16/07/2013 7:57 AM, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> Re Priority:
>
> What does "not subject to priority" mean? I can't conceive of how it 
> can mean anything. With the new coding, priority zero is the highest

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:30:18 -0400

> mechanism to this capture.

Clearly this needs to be defined. My assumption is that there should be 
a default priority if none is specified. We can discuss whether it 
should be high or low.

My gut says that the default should be highest. Then you only need to 
bother specifying priority if you want to indicate that some are less 
important than the rest.

	Thanks,
	Paul