Subject: [clue] Design team call tomorrow - 1apr2014

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:44:52 -0400

We will have a design team call tomorrow, Tuesday, 1-apr. (No, this 
isn't a joke.)

One thing we need to discuss is our schedule for finishing clue.
Our current schedule is posted at:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/Clue-milestones-Nov-2013-v2.xlsx

We have fallen behind, and need to discuss how to get back on track.

Speak up if you have something else you are ready to discuss tomorrow.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------------------------------------------------------
Meeting information
-------------------------------------------------------
Topic: CLUE WG Signaling Design Team
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Time: 8:30 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 646 255 438
Meeting Password: 1234

-------------------------------------------------------
To start or join the online meeting
-------------------------------------------------------
Go to 
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=234233512&UID=491198362&PW=NNDQyYmUwYTU4&RT=MiM3

-------------------------------------------------------
Audio conference information
-------------------------------------------------------
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3208

Access code:646 255 438

-------------------------------------------------------
For assistance
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft 
Outlook), click this link:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=234233512&UID=491198362&ICS=MS&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=AAAAAmilNfqmIVtdhfwGp9Lp4OT7ImUfArLjN4HCENs96SQ1

To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF 
(Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to 
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/systemdiagnosis.php.

http://www.webex.com

CCM:+16504793208x646255438#

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows 
audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during 
the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees 
prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that 
any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:36:47 +0000

Hi,

I'd like to discuss the time plan and way forward regarding the signaling document. 

Regards,

Christer

________________________________________
From: clue [[email-masked]] on behalf of Paul Kyzivat [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, 31 March 2014 6:44 PM
To: CLUE
Subject: [clue] Design team call tomorrow - 1apr2014

        Thanks,
        Paul

Access code:646 255 438

http://www.webex.com

_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: Robert Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:56:35 +0100

I've been (slowly) working on a proposal for how CLUE could multiplex 
its streams using BUNDLE; obviously it'll just be a starting point since 
there are people on the list with far more BUNDLE experience than me, 
but I can finish that off for tomorrow morning and put some slides 
together as well.

Rob

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:08:49 -0500

If you could put together some charts, I think that would be a really good
use of our time on the call tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mary.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Robert Hansen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've been (slowly) working on a proposal for how CLUE could multiplex its
> streams using BUNDLE; obviously it'll just be a starting point since there
> are people on the list with far more BUNDLE experience than me, but I can
> finish that off for tomorrow morning and put some slides together as well.
>
> Rob
>
>
>> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/
>> WikiStart/Clue-milestones-Nov-2013-v2.xlsx
>>
>>
>> https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=234233512&UID=
>> 491198362&ICS=MS&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=AAAAAmilNfqmIVtdhfwGp9Lp4OT7Im
>> UfArLjN4HCENs96SQ1
>>
>>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:46:29 -0400

> but I can finish that off for tomorrow morning and put some slides

That will be interesting.
I haven't thought it through in detail, but ISTM that we don't really 
need to do anything special other than wrap the bundle around the 
m-lines. IMO it is important to figure out if we need anything normative 
about this, or if we can simply say that bundle MAY be used with CLUE.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:12:41 +0000

Hi,

I haven't given usage of BUNDLE with CLUE much thoughts, but I see no reason why one couldn't use BUNDLE as it is.

As we are using uni-directional streams, one could even use separate BUNDLE groups per direction. But, that should not cause any problems either.

But, I don't think we shall mandate support of BUNDLE by CLUE entities. It sould be optional to support, and optional to use.

Regards,

Christer

________________________________________
From: clue [[email-masked]] on behalf of Paul Kyzivat [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, 31 March 2014 10:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [clue] Design team call tomorrow - 1apr2014

        Thanks,
        Paul

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 13:35:53 +1100

Hello,

I agree with Christer. I think the more "interesting" issue is one of 
the ones raised at the London meeting, that is using CLUE in an RTCWeb 
environment that uses bi-directional streams.

BTW for future design team meeting I don't know if it could be made at 
7.00am CDT? That is 11pm for me. 8.30amCDT means we would finish at 
1.30am for me.

Regards, Christian