Subject: [clue] SCTP port in draft-ietf-clue-datachannel-05

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:31:59 +1100

Hello Christer,

In draft-ietf-clue-datachannel-05 it says that the sctp-port is 
optional, i.e.

3.2.1.2. SDP sctp-port Attribute

    As defined in [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp], the SDP sctp-port attribute
    value is set to the SCTP port of the SCTPoDTLS association.

    NOTE: Usage of the SDP sctp-port attribute is optional.  As defined
    in [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp], if the attribute is not present then
    the default value is 5000.

However  draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-11 says it is mandatory. BTW clause 
4.5 in the draft should probably also be updated to add a=sctp-port 
because it is mandatory.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:55:32 -0500

On 1/8/15 6:31 PM, Christian Groves wrote:
> However  draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-11 says it is mandatory.

That is a new change - one I was not in favor of. :-(

> BTW clause
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:49:54 +0000

Hi,

My understanding was that people did not want to define a default sctp-port value. Personally I don't care - I just want to get the draft done.

Anyway, that discussion belongs to MMUSIC. However, the CLUE documents still need to be aligned with the latest MMUSIC draft.

Regards,

Christer