Subject: [clue] Protocol Action: 'Mapping RTP streams to CLUE Media Captures' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:41:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Mapping RTP streams to CLUE Media Captures'
  (draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how the Real Time transport Protocol (RTP) is
   used in the context of the CLUE protocol.  It also describes the
   mechanisms and recommended practice for mapping RTP media streams
   defined in SDP to CLUE Media Captures.

Working Group Summary

  Very late in the game we received substantial comments on this document
  from an RTP expert that had not been active in the work group. This
  led to some substantial revisions, primarily for alignment with other
  RTP-related documents. The primary effect was to remove a lot of text
  that was thought to be be confusing.

Document Quality

  Are there existing implementations of the protocol? 

    A prototype implementation has been built and demonstrated.

  Have a significant number of vendors indicated their plan to 
  implement the specification? 

    Not yet.

  Are there any reviewers that 
  merit special mention as having done a thorough review, 
  e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a 
  conclusion that the document had no substantive issues? 

    Colin Perkins made major comments that resulted in better alignment
    of this document with other work.

  If there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type or other expert review, 
  what was its course (briefly)? In the case of a Media Type 
  review, on what date was the request posted?

    N/A

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? 

    Paul Kyzivat

  Who is the Responsible Area Director?

    Alissa Cooper