Subject: Re: Discover Amazing Health Breakthrough bcuap

From: "Richard J. Sexton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:40:05 -0400

How about rejecting "non member submissions" to the list?

--          http://www.hungersite.org/cgi-bin/donate.pl
Richard Sexton  |  [email-masked]  |  RS79 on eBay and InterNIC
http://vrx.net/richard  |  [email-masked]  |  +1 (613) 473-1719
Snail mail: "Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0"

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:51:28 -0400

Howdy,

Well, this does bring up the issue of list moderation -- it
might be nice (she says wistfully, not being in a position to
offer to host the mailing list) if there was some effort to
catch spam & have a list admin person available to forward all
non-spam.

> How about rejecting "non member submissions" to the list?

Generally frowned upon by IETF process rules, on the argument
that anyone should be able to contribute to any list.  Having
occasionally found stuff that I thought should be "flipped" to
a WG I'm not actually on the mailing list for (or had to post
from non-standard e-mail contexts), I believe it's not simply an
idealistic pose.

However, some moderation would be nice...

Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 21:29:24 +0200

>from non-standard e-mail contexts), I believe it's not simply an

Redirecting non member submissions to a human, which makes manually a
decision whether the mail suits the mailing list or not is ok.
Automatic rejection is not ok.

    Patrik
    Area Director, Applications Area, IETF

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 19:08:48 -0400

> catch spam & have a list admin person available to forward all

Now that I'm back from the souther carribean I'll make it a
priority to see about setting this up...

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]