Subject: to meet or not to meet...

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:40:59 -0400

...that is the question...

In Adelaide, I suggested that we might be on target to wrap the
documents on the mailing list, and not need to meet in Pittsburgh.

I understand the documents are proceeding apace, and we should
have draft versions on the table by the end of this month (May).
That should give us plenty of time (June) to discuss them on
the mailing list and get them updated/submitted by the I-D
cutoff deadline (which date I don't currently know, but figure it's
early July).

I don't want us to meet for nothing (that usually produces Badness ;-)
nor do I want to curtail relevant discussion.  My current plan is to
hold off on the decision re. meeting until late June, when we know
where we're at with the final-seeming documents, to decide
whether to request a slot.  The Pittsburgh IETF is scheduled for
July 30 - August 4, so that should leave not-altogether-unreasonable
timeframes for travel plans, if this is going to make or break anyone's
decision to attend the IETF.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?  Am I overlooking any already-
glaringly-obvious need to meet?

Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------