Subject: New implementation + good news for CNRP

From: Nicolas Popp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:55:28 -0800

I just wanted to share some good news with all of you because I think that
it speaks to the quality of the work of this working group and the maturity
of the CNRP specification in general.

2 months ago, as it became clear that our draft was mature enough, I asked
one of our RealNames engineers to take the CNRP specification and to
implement it without asking me any questions. I thought this would
constitute a realistic test bed to evaluate and test the completness and the
quality of our protocol draft.

I a very happy to report to you that this has been a real success. Our
engineering team was able to implement the spec on their own and the
feedback I have received is extremely positive. They have described the
specification as straightforward, elegant and complete (with the DTD as a
reliable anchor point when needed).

This implementation has actually been deployed in the real world on the
RealNames servers (US and Korea for now) and you can play with it at
http://.cnrp.realnames.com:1096. You'll see how we use the language property
(e.g. type="RFC1766", language="en-US") as well as the category property
(e.g. type="freeform", category = "non-adult") to filter adult content...

Now the second piece of good news concerns interoperability.
If you just download the Verisign plugin (http://cnrp.research.netsol.com/)
and change its default settings to point to cnrp.realnames.com:1096, a
wonderful thing happens: IT JUST WORKS! And although both teams did not talk
to each other, the two systems work together like a charm.

The working group must have done something right!!! I thought this was
really worth sharing with the group.
I look forward to seeing most of you in San Diego.

Cheers.

-Nico

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:25:24 -0500

That's great!

Congratulations to the document authors, and thanks to those who offered
their time & insight in reviewing the documents.

Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Logic can hold only a certain amount of sway over the rational
 mind."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------