Subject: Rational numbers in -reg- and -media-features

From: [email-masked] (Koen Holtman)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:37:46 +0100 (MET)

Eek!  I just saw that the latest version of the registration draft
still does not define a syntax for rational numbers and that the
-media-features draft still uses the example

  dpi=19558/100

See http://www.imc.org/ietf-medfree/mail-archive/msg00492.html for an
earlier message about the problem.

What is the status of this issue?  Ted?  Larry?

I also noticed that -media-features still uses '<=' in the examples
for pix-x and pix-y.  I would prefer plain '='.

Koen.

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:00:04 -0800 (PST)

Koen,
	This was discussed on the list, and we essentially agreed that
a rational was "expressed as a ratio of two positive integers".  The
details are in the syntax draft, rather than the registration draft.
The usage in the registration draft conforms to this  meaning and 
with the only previous usages of rationals in IETF documents.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie