Subject: Re: "Constant feature sets"

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:32:55 +0000

At 10:54 19/01/99 -0800, Ted Hardie wrote:
[...]
>Having named it hard, I would like to take a crack at defining the
>problem and discussing what methods there are for solving it.

Ted,

From where I stand, you have not so much described "the problem", but
another scenario for the application of "constant feature sets".

I think we need to distil these scenarios into some kind of clear,
application-independent statement of the goals of a "constant feature set"
proposal.

Comments?

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:40:44 -0800 (PST)

Fair enough; I meant the scenario to express something about the
problem which I didn't see addressed by other statements.  Looking
back, that doesn't do a good job of describing the problem.

Let me ask first whether you agree that the constant aspect might be
applied to a grouping below the set.  
				regards,
					Ted Hardie