Subject: Submission of Conneg RFCs to ITU SG8

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:49:49 -0500

Folks,   

One of the issues which came up in the effort to get approval of the T.37
amendment which references the extended fax RFCs, was with respect to the
Conneg RFCs.   

The extended fax RFCs (2530-2532) draw heavily on the Conneg work.   It has
been requested in the T.37 discussions that these Conneg RFCs (2506, 2533
and 2534) also be submitted to the ITU as contributions.    We had
submitted the draft versions, but did not send out the final Conneg RFCs,
owing mainly to the tight deadline for submissions in advance of the March
SG8 meeting.    

Therefore, I will plan to prepare these Conneg RFCs as contributions from
the Internet Society to the ITU, along with cover material which explains
how they tie into the extended fax RFCs.    This is one step which should
help smooth the way for getting amendment 1 to T.37 on the Full Mode
approved.   

I will follow up with the ADs and Scott Bradner of ISOC to coordinate.
So, this note is a heads-up for the fax and Conneg WGs on this plan of
action.    

Regards, 

James Rafferty
*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------