Subject: [Cose] Barry Leiba's No Objection on charter-ietf-cose-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 06:39:36 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-cose-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-cose/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Phill is not wrong in his comments, and I have some sympathy for the path
he would rather go down.

That said, there is clearly interest and need here, and the energy to do
the work, and that would be so regardless of how we got here -- indeed,
even if CBOR had just been an ad hoc representation format that people
had started to use, that came completely from outside the IETF.

I think, therefore, that this working group should go ahead... and that
the sort of thing that Phill suggests should also go ahead, if there is
interest and energy to start a working group on it.