Subject: [Cose] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-cose-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:17:46 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-cose-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-cose/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see an explicit statement of
what COSE is setting out to accomplish until I get to the deliverables. I
can infer it from the group name, and from the JOSE reference. But a
sentence in the first paragraph to the effect that COSE seeks to create
CBOR-based object signing and encryption formats would be helpful.
(Probably right before the JOSE reference).

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 08:35:14 -0400

Is there a proposal from the COSE list to address Ben's question?  I'll be
able to update it within the next 30 minutes, or later today.  It might be
tough to get to an agreed sentence or two in less than 30 though.

Thank you,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 09:45:39 -0400

How about:

   COSE seeks to create CBOR-based object signing and encryption
   formats.

... placed just before the JOSE reference?   :)

-derek

Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is there a proposal from the COSE list to address Ben's question?  I'll be able
> to update it within the next 30 minutes, or later today.  It might be tough to
> get to an agreed sentence or two in less than 30 though.
>
> Thank you,
> Kathleen
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cose mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 08:58:02 -0500

That would work for me :-)

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 09:59:43 -0400

Ok, thanks.  I'll add it in a little later today.

Kathleen 

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 14, 2015, at 9:58 AM, "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:56:55 +0000

s/signing and encryption/signing, encryption, and key representation/

-----Original Message-----
From: Cose [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kathleen Moriarty
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:00 AM
To: Ben Campbell
Cc: Derek Atkins; The IESG; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Cose] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-cose-00-01: (with COMMENT)

Kathleen 

Sent from my iPhone

>>> Is there a proposal from the COSE list to address Ben's question?  
>>> I'll be able to update it within the next 30 minutes, or later 
>>> today.  It might be tough to get to an agreed sentence or two in less than 30 though.
>>> 
>>> Thank you,
>>> Kathleen
>>> 
>>> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to 
>>> all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to 
>>> cut this introductory paragraph, however.)
>>> 
>>> Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see an explicit statement 
>>> of what COSE is setting out to accomplish until I get to the 
>>> deliverables. I can infer it from the group name, and from the JOSE 
>>> reference. But a sentence in the first paragraph to the effect that 
>>> COSE seeks to create CBOR-based object signing and encryption formats would be helpful.