Subject: [COSE] New version of the COSE document

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:01:25 -0700

I have published a new version of the COSE document.  It contains the
following changes:

1.  Removal of some attributes that were determined to not be of importance
at this time.
2.  Start of moving CDDL to the end of the document.  This was stopped
because there was some feedback that said having it inline was useful.
3.  Add an Encrypted vs Enveloped structure.
4.  Add a counter signature attribute.  This attribute is targeted at the
ACE desire to have the ability to sign an encrypted object.  The counter
signature attribute is designed to be able to apply to all of the message
based structures in the same manner.

Jim

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:55:41 +0200

Hi Jim,

thanks for providing an update.

I was wondering what comments I have raised in my review with this
version of the document.

I would also like to know where some of the changes you have made (as
listed below) have been discussed.

Ciao
Hannes

On 09/22/2015 07:01 AM, Jim Schaad wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> COSE mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose
>

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:48:21 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:56 AM
> To: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [COSE] New version of the COSE document
> 
> Hi Jim,
> 
> I was wondering what comments I have raised in my review with this version
of
> the document.

I don't know off hand.  I would need to go through the body of the xml
document to see which ones are still there and which ones were resolved.  I
will try and find time to let you know,but I am currently dealing with crush
at the winery so my time is limited.

> I would also like to know where some of the changes you have made (as
listed
> below) have been discussed.

Items 1,2 and 3 were discussed on the COSE mailing list.
Item 4 is in response to discussions with people from the ACE working group.

> > 1.  Removal of some attributes that were determined to not be of
> > importance at this time.
> > 4.  Add a counter signature attribute.  This attribute is targeted at
> > the ACE desire to have the ability to sign an encrypted object.  The
> > counter signature attribute is designed to be able to apply to all of
> > the message based structures in the same manner.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> >

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:17:03 -0700

<!--   Hannes
                
                For a working group draft it does not matter whether the
author agrees or disagrees. I would suggest to remove this paragraph.

                REPLACED TEXT:
                The author did not always agree with some of the decisions
made by the JOSE working group. 
                Many of these decisions have been re-examined, and where it
seems to the author to be superior or simpler, replaced.
    -->

        <!-- Hannes
             I would remove references to CMS and S/MIME since they are most
likely only helpful to a very small audience.

             OPEN
        -->

I believe that all of the other issues raised were dealt with in mail at the
time.  If you don't think that is true I can go back and re-review.

Jim