Subject: [COSE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-hash-sig-04.txt> (Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-based Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 09:02:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
WG (cose) to consider the following document: - 'Use of the HSS/LMS
Hash-based Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object
   Signing and Encryption (COSE)'
  <draft-ietf-cose-hash-sig-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the conventions for using the Hierarchical
   Signature System (HSS) / Leighton-Micali Signature (LMS) hash-based
   signature algorithm with the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
   (COSE) syntax.  The HSS/LMS algorithm is one form of hash-based
   digital signature; it is described in RFC 8554.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hash-sig/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hash-sig/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.