Subject: [Ietf-not43] issue listed in minutes

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Newton)
Date: 30 Jul 2002 14:49:08 -0400

In rummaging through the last meeting minutes to update the requirements
draft, I have a question about the following:

     Question: Is this a read-write or read-only protocol?
         Read-only
         No desire to store requests on server (too complicated)
         Declare features in which a client would write (store) data on 
server
         as out of scope

         *** WG consensus needed on above point ***

To answer the question of this being a read-write vs. read-only
protocol, the requirements already contain the following text:

   The
   scope of the requirements in this document are also restricted to
   access of data from Internet registries. Requirements for
   modification, addition, or provisioning of data in Internet
   registries are out of scope.

And I believe the "too complicated" comment to be an issue for the
technical proposals when we get around to discussing them.

Comments?  Or better yet, text for the draft?

-andy