Subject: [Ietf-not43] SAH IRIS Issue #3: Section 3.1.8.1, Requirement #15

From: shollenbeck at verisign.com (Hollenbeck, Scott)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:01:17 2003

Re: requirement number 15 described in this message:

http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/2003-June/000572.html

"15. The protocol MUST provide a mechanism allowing a client to determine if
a query will be denied before the query is submitted according to the
appropriate policies of the operator."

There does not appear to be a mechanism provided for a client to determine
if a query will be denied before the query is actually submitted.  I've
confirmed that this is true with Andy, and he agrees.

-Scott-

---

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:15:46 2003

> confirmed that this is true with Andy, and he agrees.

I thought I had gotten it all...  oh well!

But I think this is a quick fix.  I'll add a 'dryRun' attribute, or 
something similarly named, to the <query> element.

-andy