Subject: [Ietf-not43] SAH IRIS Issue #2: Section 3.1.4.1, Requirement #10

From: shollenbeck at verisign.com (Hollenbeck, Scott)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:00:44 2003

Re: requirement number 10 described in this message:

http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/2003-June/000572.html

"10. The protocol MUST provide an anonymous access mechanism that may be
turned on or off based on the policy of an operator."

IRIS depends on BEEP to provide anonymous access, and this access can be
turned on and off by adding or removing BEEP tuning profiles at the server.
Section 6 of the BEEP draft isn't clear on how this requirement is met,
though, so I would suggest that some additional text is needed to make the
situation more obvious.

-Scott-

---

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:14:21 2003

> though, so I would suggest that some additional text is needed to make the

I think the clarification will be:

   If no authentication tuning profiles are utilitized or the
   SASL Anonymous tuning profile is used, the access is to be
   considered to be anonymous.

-andy