Subject: [Ietf-not43] SAH IRIS Issue #1: Section 3.1.2, Requirement #3

From: shollenbeck at verisign.com (Hollenbeck, Scott)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:00:22 2003

Re: requirement number 3 described in this message:

http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/2003-June/000572.html

"3. The protocol MUST define one or more transport mechanisms for mandatory
implementation."

BEEP transport is specified as a MUST in section 6.2 of the IRIS core draft.
BEEP is itself transport-independent, and I can find no mention of a
mandatory BEEP transport protocol.  A TCP port registration request is
included in section 8.3 of the IRIS-BEEP draft, but there's no text to
explain why the registration is present.  Some text needs to be added to the
BEEP draft to cite RFC 3081 as a mandatory transport protocol.

-Scott-

---

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Thu Jun 19 12:12:49 2003

> BEEP draft to cite RFC 3081 as a mandatory transport protocol.

Yes, the intent is to use TCP.  I'll make this clarification.

-andy