Subject: [Ietf-not43] requirement for IESG privacy discussion item

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Wed Jul 16 09:43:37 2003

As mentioned in the meeting, here is the wording:

3.1.X.1 Protocol Requirement

    When a value in an answer to a query is given,
    the protocol MUST be capable of tagging the value with the following
    labels:

    1.  do not redistribute

    2.  special access granted

    The protocol MAY define other values for this purpose, but MUST
    define values defined above at a minimum.  The protocol MUST be
    capable of attaching these labels concurrently.

3.1.X.2 Service Description

    Internet registries will have varying policies regarding the
    access to their data.  Some registries may grant certain classes
    of users with access to data that would not normally be given to
    most users.  In these cases, registries may want to tag the values
    in these entries with labels specifying the responsibilities
    accompanying these special user rights.

-andy