Subject: [Ietf-not43] -03 drafts in the pipe

From: ehall at ehsco.com (Eric A. Hall)
Date: Tue Aug 26 22:41:07 2003

Refreshes of the core drafts were submitted today which addressed all of
the resolvable issues, and should be published soon.

There were a couple of hefty changes. Most noticably, the cleanup on the
use of referrals reopened some holes. The biggest change resulting from
this is that the contact and ASN classes now have their own matching
filters, instead of reusing the generic equalityMatch filters. All of the
entries are still searchable with equalityMatch of course, but for the
purpose of ensuring that all of the stubs are found, the specialized
filters are preferred (there is some flakiness with matching against dn
components that is best avoided).

You know about the inetResourcesControl already. I added and extended it
so that it's now objectClass(matchingFilter(attribute))), which gives
tighter control over the syntax (can restrict clients to only allowing
contact substring matches for cn" attributes, for example).

Added the inetExtAcl- family of attribute options and the inetExtAcl
client control for the funky privacy filters. This needs work.

The DNS syntax rules were replaced with a more-better set (same basic
results, just better text).

Added the inetIpv*ParentNetworks, *SiblingNetworks and *ChildNetworks
attributes for explicit cross-references.

Provided example matching behaviors for domain names and IPv4 networks.

Clarified the partitioning navigation rules in the IP specs.

Bunches of minor edits.

I believe that all of the outstanding issues are sufficiently addressed.

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                        http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/