Subject: [Ietf-not43] Suggested changes to DREG

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Tue Sep 2 03:48:19 2003

Marcos and I have had a brief off-list conversation regarding changes to 
DREG.  I thought I'd summarize them for solicitation of wider comment.

1) Missing some kind of <findDomainsByContact> query derivative. There
should be some feature allowing to specify which role plays the contact
for this domain, like for instance:
     Tell me all Domains where contact xxx is a zoneContact.

2) Simmilar IDN modifications to the ones already posted have  to be 
made to the domain part of the <eMail> element of the contact. Something 
a la "it should be nameprepped and UTF-8".

3) <domainVariant> objects should have language tags (optional of 
course).  In addition, the <domainVariant> object could be collapsed 
back into the <domain> object with the addition of a <domainVariances> 
container of entity references to other variant domains.  This 
simplifies the model as some domain variants will be delegated and some 
will not.

4) The addition of an appendix in DREG for client implementors outlining 
a strategy for doing localization of element names and element contents 
(actually, it could probably go in the Internationalization 
Considerations section).

-andy

---

From: wessorh at ar.com (Rick Wesson)
Date: Tue Sep 2 13:13:04 2003

>      Tell me all Domains where contact xxx is a zoneContact.

IMHO, all query mechs should be put into a seporate paper as I suspect
DREG and AREG will have some intersection and querys to either should be
capable of being merged and sorted.

-rick