Subject: [Ietf-not43] Clarification on "provisioning"

From: hardie at qualcomm.com ([email-masked])
Date: Wed Sep 3 16:05:52 2003

Howdy,

A working group participant has privately raised the question
of whether the charter's declaration that provisioning is out
of scope applies to all forms of update.  The chairs have reviewed
the charter, gone back through the requirements document, and
discussed this point at some length; we have concluded that
the charter does exclude all forms of update.  That is, the
CRISP service is a query-only service.  There is language
in the charter which describes CRISP as an administrative
directory service, but this does not mean CRISP will provide
a full-fledged directory.  Instead, this means that CRISP is a
query-only service for administrative data related related to Internet
infrastructure ( (domains being the first use case).

If you have questions about this understanding of the charter,
please feel free to raise the issue on the list or discuss it with
us,
			best regards,
					Ted Hardie
					April Marine