Subject: [Crisp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:39:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cross Registry Information Service Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IRIS - An Address Registry (areg) Type for the 
			  Internet Registry Information Service
	Author(s)	: A. Newton, E. Gunduz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-07.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2004-10-5
	
This document describes an IRIS registry schema for IP address and
   Autonomous System Number information.  The schema extends the
   necessary query and result operations of IRIS to provide the
   functional information service needs for syntaxes and results used by
   Internet Protocol address registries..

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp

---

From: Engin Gunduz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:44:07 +0200

Hi,

Here are the modifications made (diff between versions areg-06 and
areg-07):

*  <name> element and names searches for networks and ASNs 
   put back, as Cathy requested.
*  Added <findASNByNumber> search, with hierarcy (specificity)
   and taken out autonomous-system query (not needed in the presense 
   of findASNByNumber> search)
*  Added <language> element to <findOrganizations> and <findContacts>
   searches. Also added the following statement to the respective
   sections:
        The client SHOULD pass the names unchanged to the server, and the
        implementation of the server decides if the search is case sensitive
        or not.
*  Taken out 'closest-match' specificity query, as it is covered by
   less-specific query with 'allowEquivalences' set to true.
*  Put <beginsWith> and <endsWith> back into <findOrganizations>,
   <findAutonomousSystemsByName>, <findNetworksByName>, <findContacts>
   queries.
*  Added <findByContact> search to find ASNs, networks, organisations
   by contact.
*  Added <findNetworkBySpecificity> search (mainly to figure out parentage
   relations)
*  Changed formal XML syntax section to match the other changes.
*  <commonName> in, <firstName>, <middleName>, and <lastName> out
   in <contact> Result.
*  <eMail> element in <organization> result.
*  Changed URI resolution. It now says:
   7.2  Top-Down Resolution

     The top-down alternative resolution method MUST be identified as
     'top' in IRIS URI's.

     The client SHOULD start every query from the CRISP server
     crisp.nro.org and follow the referrals to find the authoritative
     server to actually query.

Todo:
  * if decided so, put Tim's network seach.
  * add specificity examples as appendix.
  * editorial (split informative/normative refs, etc)
  * improve 'nesting terminology' section (sec.4)  [done in
      my local copy]

It would be verry nice if we could settle these before 25 Oct, the cut-off
date of drafts.
regards,
-engin

> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
[...]