Subject: RE: [Crisp] Working Group Last Call on AREG docs

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:29:19 -0500

> First, the well-known top still uses referrals (its not a centralized 
> DB).  But what you are suggesting is a highly, coordinated referral 
> mesh, which to me seems like overkill at the moment.  
> Additionally, it 
> still does not solve the exact problem of "where do I 
> start?".  Having 
> software implementors and users assume an entry point seems to be the 
> same problem only spread out over a larger number of nodes.

I think this was your *second* point, Andy.  ;-)

What I'm suggesting is that the AREG resolution document should include
text to explain the technical limitation that requires a well-known
starting point. That could include a description of why a "highly,
coordinated referral mesh" won't work.

-Scott-

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp