Subject: [Crisp] Protocol Action: 'A Domain Availability Check (DCHK) Registry Type for the Internet Registry Information Service (IRIS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:59:38 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Domain Availability Check (DCHK) Registry Type for the Internet 
   Registry Information Service (IRIS) '
   <draft-ietf-crisp-iris-dchk-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Cross Registry Information Service 
Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Chris Newman and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-crisp-iris-dchk-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes a lightweight domain availability service
   using the IRIS framework and the data model of the IRIS Domain
   Registry service.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The working group came to consensus that lightweight domain
   availability check was needed, as this is a common use of the
   "whois" protocol, the functionality of which IRIS is meant to
   supersede.  The working group came to consensus that this document
   met that need.
 
Protocol Quality
 
    Among other working group members, Bernie Hoeneisen, Shane Kerr,
    and Geoffrey Sisson provided reviews.  April Marine is the
    document Shepherd.  Chris Newman is the responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp