Subject: [Crisp] Interaction between IRIS and EPP

From: "Carl Taswell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:02:33 -0800

I've inquired in the past about re-factoring the IRIS-based registries dreg,
areg, etc so that they all share a common format for contacts. If so, then I
need not reinvent the wheel and create yet another format for contacts in my
custom application registry that would be able to interact with all of the
other IRIS-based registries. 

Recently, I found that RFC4933 Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
Contact Mapping provides a detailed format for contacts. So my current
questions are:

1) Has there been any discussion of making IRIS-based registry contacts
interoperable with the EPP-based registry contacts? 

2) Has there been any discussion recommending best practice uses of IRIS
versus EPP and any interaction and interoperability?

Many thanks,

CT

-------------------------
Carl Taswell
Cel: 916-616-4939
Tel: 949-481-3121

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp