Subject: [Curdle] RFC 8103 on Using ChaCha20-Poly1305 Authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:36:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8103

        Title:      Using ChaCha20-Poly1305 Authenticated Encryption in 
                    the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18866
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8103

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8103

This document describes the conventions for using ChaCha20-Poly1305
Authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).
ChaCha20-Poly1305 is an authenticated encryption algorithm
constructed of the ChaCha stream cipher and Poly1305 authenticator.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC