Subject: [Curdle] eddsa25519 & eddsa448 for use with SSH

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:39:37 -0700

Hi Folks,

Looking at

  RFC 8032 - Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)

I am curious to know if there is a desire to create public key algorithm
names for SSH using it?

http://ssh-comparison.quendi.de/comparison/hostkey.html
shows 11 implementations of ssh-ed25519 and 3 implementations of
[email-masked].

I have not yet compared the RFC against the SSH implementations of
ssh-ed25519.

I do know that the use of the SHAKE256 as a hash function for Ed448
would be the first SHA-3 family function used in the SSH protocol.

If they are the same, then it would be good to writeup something
to add ssh-ed25519 to the IANA 
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ssh-parameters/ssh-parameters.xhtml#ssh-parameters-19

	-- Mark

---

From: denis bider <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 23:19:57 -0600

I believe the spec for ssh-ed25519 is already an active draft under the
purview of Curdle:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-00

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Mark D. Baushke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle
>

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:30:59 -0700

denis bider <[email-masked]> writes:

> I believe the spec for ssh-ed25519 is already an active draft under
> the purview of Curdle:
> 

You are correct. This one is expired. I wonder if Ben Harris is likely
to resubmit it?

	-- Mark

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:30:59 -0700

-- Mark