Subject: [Curdle] draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-01

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:42:22 -0400

Hi,

Please find my comments on the current version of the draft. These are
mostly nits, and I think we can move that draft forward.

Yours,

Daniel

Abstract

   How to implement the Curve25519 and Curve448 key exchange methods in
   the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol is described.

MGLT:

This document describes the conventions for using Curve25519 and Curve448
key exchange methods in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

1.  Introduction

   In [Curve25519], a new elliptic curve function for use in
   cryptographic applications was introduced.  In [Ed448-Goldilocks] the
   Ed448-Goldilocks curve (also known as Curve448) is described.  In
   [RFC7748], the Diffie-Hellman functions using Curve25519 and Curve448
   are specified.

MGLT: I think we shoudl rephrase the text above or remove it.

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:36:17 -0700

> key exchange methods in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

MDB: Change adopted.

> MGLT: I think we shoudl rephrase the text above or remove it.

MDB: Removing the paragraph seems okay to me. The references to RFC7748
and the [Curve25519] and [Ed488-Goldilocks] will be moved into the next
place they are referenced.

I will also change the draft from "info" to "std" category per your
previous private message.

Are there any other suggested change before I publish the -02 revision?

	-- Mark

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 01:33:49 +0000

Looks fine to me. 
Yours, 
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:36 PM
To: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Cc: curdle <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Curdle] draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-01 

Daniel Migault <[email-masked]> writes:

> This document describes the conventions for using Curve25519 and 
> Curve448 key exchange methods in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

MDB: Change adopted.

> MGLT: I think we shoudl rephrase the text above or remove it.

MDB: Removing the paragraph seems okay to me. The references to RFC7748 and the [Curve25519] and [Ed488-Goldilocks] will be moved into the next place they are referenced.

I will also change the draft from "info" to "std" category per your previous private message.

	-- Mark