Subject: [Curdle] I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:03:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Algorithm with X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-04-10

Abstract:
   This document describes the conventions for using Elliptic Curve
   Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key agreement algorithm using curve25519 and
   curve448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:05:02 -0400

This resolves the concerns that Jim Schaad raised.

Russ

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 10:03 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:20:17 -0700

This does resolve all of my current open issues.  I should get another bite
at the apple to re-validate the ASN.1 module and check the encodings in
section 8 when the OIDs are assigned by IANA.  (I am one of the experts on
the registry.)

Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Curdle [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Russ Housley
> Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 7:05 PM
> To: curdle <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Curdle] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-04.txt
> >        Title           : Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key
Agreement
> Algorithm with X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
> >        Author          : Russ Housley
> > Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> > submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.