Subject: [Curdle] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:37:49 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-05: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I share the questions about "SHOULD" vs "MUST".

- abstract: "insufficient against state-sponsored
   actors, and possibly an organization with enough computing resources"

Should "an" be "any"?  (Same question for section 2).

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 06:45:02 -0700

Hi Curdle folks,

Could you please address the SHOULD/MUST issue raised by Ben and Kathleen

-Ekr

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle
>

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:55:05 +0400

>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange/

Hello Eric & Ben,

Concerning the "SHOULD" vs "MUST" issue, we thought about it at the
time, and we went for "SHOULD" for backward compatibility. However, if
the IESG feels strongly about it, we can change it into "MUST".

>> Should "an" be "any"?  (Same question for section 2).

That's a reasonable suggestion.