Subject: [Curdle] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:59:19 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sue, in her OPS DIR review, brought up a good point.
This document does not indicate whether it is wise for the operations system to
log a report if it receives a less than 2048 bits. Would this enhance security
or provide DoS attack surface.   If logging creates a DoS surface, it would be
good to include this as operational advice.

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:08:10 +0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange/

Interesting. We did not think about this at the time. Maybe it might
help, but I'm not aware of any SSH client/server doing this. We need
some time to think about this.