Subject: [Curdle] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 04:42:55 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) To me this sentence does not belong in the IANA section as it is basically
the main point of the document: "This document augments the Key Exchange Method
Names in [RFC4253] and [RFC4250]." Maybe move it to sec 3?

2) Can you explain why the pre-5378 boilerplate is used?

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:02:54 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1) To me this sentence does not belong in the IANA section as it is
> basically the main point of the document: "This document augments the
> Key Exchange Method Names in [RFC4253] and [RFC4250]." Maybe move it
> to sec 3?

This is a reasonable suggestion.

> 2) Can you explain why the pre-5378 boilerplate is used?

idnits seemed to want it to be used due to the IP for [RFC4250] and
[RFC4253] which this document extends.

I will change it from pre5378Trust200902 to trust200902
if there are no objections to that update.

	-- Mark