Subject: [Curdle] Kathleen Moriarty's Yes on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:57:53 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2-07: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this draft.  I agree with Alexey's comment on the
normative reference and just have a tiny nit for the introduction:

I suggest you remove the word recent since the reference on SHA-1 is 6 years
old: s/Due to recent security concerns with SHA-1 [RFC6194]/Due to security
concerns with SHA-1 [RFC6194]/

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:06:13 -0700

> normative reference and just have a tiny nit for the introduction:

Yes, I will do that.

> concerns with SHA-1 [RFC6194]/

Good point. I will adopt this change.

	-- Mark