Subject: [Curdle] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 06:57:39 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for for writing this - it was clear enough that I could understand
the bits that I needed to :-)

I have a few comments:
"Additionally we utilize also the curves defined in
[I-D.ietf-curdle-ssh-curves] to complement the 3 classic NIST defined curves
required by [RFC5656]." I checked on the status of I-D.ietf-curdle-ssh-curves -
this seems to have stalled. I realize it isn't your problem, but is there a
plan to progress I-D.ietf-curdle-ssh-curves ?

"The parties generate each an ephemeral key pair, according to ..."
I think that this would be easier to understand as: "The parties each generate
an ephemeral key pair, according to ..."

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 20:23:24 -0500

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2/

It shows up on my dashboard now, but I haven't done the research yet to see
what needs to be done.  There are plenty of "publication requested"
documents to tend to, first...

-Ben