Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:20:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          James Rafferty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   There is a class of applications which benefit from using SIP to
   exchange User to User Information (UUI) data during session
   establishment.  This information, known as call control UUI data, is
   a small piece of data inserted by an application initiating the
   session, and utilized by an application accepting the session.  The
   rules which apply for a specific application are defined by a UUI
   package.  This UUI data is opaque to SIP and its function is
   unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document defines a new SIP
   header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI data, along with an
   extension mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Atle Monrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:49:53 +0000

Alan & James

Thanks for the updated draft

I have no comments to the additions, only a question.

Can I assume that there are no further additions needed in this draft due to the needed update of ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn and that this draft soon can be completed?

And yes, I am also waiting for the ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn to be  updated with the compromised note ;-)

/atle

________________________________ 

Atle Monrad
3GPP CT Chairman

Group Function Technology - Standardization and Technical Regulation 
Ericsson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 21. oktober 2013 03:20
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
cuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss

---

From: Atle Monrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:07:16 +0000

James

Thanks for your quick reply.

I then assume that there are no outstanding  issues between this draft and ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn.

Cheers
/atle

Atle Monrad
3GPP CT Chairman

-----Original Message-----
From: James Rafferty [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 21. oktober 2013 20:31
To: Atle Monrad; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt

Atle, 

This -11 draft of the uui mechanism addressed some security points which arose during the review within the IESG.  These were the only open points
which we were aware of for this draft.   

Alan or Keith can talk to the status of the ISDN uui draft.  

James   

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Atle Monrad
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt

Alan & James

/atle

Atle Monrad
3GPP CT Chairman

Group Function Technology - Standardization and Technical Regulation Ericsson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 21. oktober 2013 03:20
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call
Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          James Rafferty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-11.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract: