Subject: [dane] ANN: [email-masked] mailing list and https://dane.sys4.de DANE SMTP test site

From: Patrick Ben Koetter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:55:36 +0100

Today, amost 3% of DANE SMTP enabled domains either fail to validate or publish
unsupported TLSA records[1]. This fraction would have been even higher without
an effort to notify problem sites most of which have fixed the reported issues.

This error rate is too high.

The DANE Validator <https://dane.sys4.de> is intended to identify configuration
errors and to help administrators create working DANE SMTP configurations.
Today's release marks the first public beta. We plan to release version 1 soon.

Coinciding with the release of the Validator we have also created a "DANE
users" mailing list at [email-masked].

This list will provide a forum to discuss practical issues of DANE
configuration and deployment.  In order to subscribe to this list visit
https://mail.sys4.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dane-users.

Regards

Patrick Koetter

[1]  Based on DANE adoption surveys by Viktor Dukhovni.

-- 
[*] sys4 AG
 
https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München
 
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München, Amtsgericht München: HRB 199263
Vorstand: Patrick Ben Koetter, Marc Schiffbauer
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Florian Kirstein