Subject: [dane] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-16.txt> (SMTP security via opportunistic DANE TLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:30:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'SMTP security via opportunistic DANE TLS'
  <draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a downgrade-resistant protocol for SMTP transport
   security between Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) based on the DNS-Based
   Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA DNS record.  Adoption of
   this protocol enables an incremental transition of the Internet email
   backbone to one using encrypted and authenticated Transport Layer
   Security (TLS).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.