Subject: [dane] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-srv-12.txt> (Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records with SRV Records) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 19:07:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records
   with SRV Records'
  <draft-ietf-dane-srv-12.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DANE specification (RFC 6698) describes how to use TLSA resource
   records secured by DNSSEC (RFC 4033) to associate a server's
   connection endpoint with its TLS certificate.  However, application
   protocols that use SRV records (RFC 2782) to indirectly name the
   target server connection endpoints for a service domain cannot apply
   the rules from RFC 6698.  Therefore this document provides guidelines
   that enable such protocols to locate and use TLSA records.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.