Subject: [dane] A reminder about RFC 6982 - The Implementation Status Section.

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 12:23:35 -0400

Hi all,

A quick reminder to the WG about RFC 6982: Improving Awareness of
Running Code: The Implementation Status Section.

Authors, if you are aware of implementations of your proposal, please
include an "Implementation Status" section in your draft. Showing that
there are implementations demonstrates interest and shows that your
idea actually works in practice. It also makes reviewer's,and document
shepherd's, lives easier.

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:31:04 +0000

> shepherd's, lives easier.

The SMTP draft is in IETF LC.  It has no such section, but running
code is in Postfix and Exim.  Should anything be done at this (late)
stage?

-- 
	Viktor.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 12:40:33 -0400

> code is in Postfix and Exim.  Should anything be done at this (late)

Nope.

The Implementation Status section is not mandatory, it just (IMO)
shows the document in a better light. If you write a new doc (or have
an existing doc that is not in LC) I see no downside to including this
section.

This reminder to the list was precipitated by a reminder that Benoit
sent to the WG Chairs list -- it wasn't aimed at anyone in
particular...

W

>
> --
>         Viktor.
>
> _______________________________________________
> dane mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dane