Subject: [dane] Protocol Action: 'Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records with SRV Records' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dane-srv-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 07:48:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records
   with SRV Records'
  (draft-ietf-dane-srv-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named
Entities Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the general case how to find TLSA records, for
  a protocols that uses SRV records for service discovery.
  The goal of this document is to cover the general cases not every
  corner case. It is explicitly called out that protocols that use SRV
  may specify differently. 

Working Group Summary

  There has been good discussion on this document, there is strong
   consensus about the whole document. 

Document Quality

  The document is well written. The protocol specified here is for the
  general case where SRV records are used.  
  There is interest to deploy this technology in number of existing and
  proposed protocols.  

Personnel

  Document Sheperd: Olafur Gudmundsson
  Area Director: Stephen Farrell