Subject: [dane] DANE coming to Microsoft O365 (In case you did not already see the announcement elsewhere)

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 17:38:50 -0400

Here's the story from "El Reg": https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/07/microsoft_dane_office/

-- 
	Viktor.

---

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 17:16:38 -0500

> Here's the story from "El Reg": https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/07/microsoft_dane_office/

Let me be the first to congratulate you here.

For those who don't know, Viktor has been doing the thankless work of
surveying the DNS for DNSSEC/DANE breakage, and informing postmasters of
it, for a bunch of years now.

Without that work DNSSEC and DANE could fail from entropy much sooner
than entropy would take the Internet as a whole.

Once large e-mail operators start using DANE for inbound (by the end
2021 for Microsoft) and outbound (by the end of 2020 for Microsoft),
postmasters will have strong incentives to monitor their own zones and
keep them from breaking.  Once that's done, we'll be able to leverage
DNSSEC and DANE for other things than e-mail.

Hats off to Viktor!

Nico
--

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 08:51:02 -0400

> DNSSEC and DANE for other things than e-mail.

Yes, that's a really good point - thank you Viktor for being such a
champion of DANE, and continuing to beat the drum...

W

>
> Nico
> --
>
> _______________________________________________
> dane mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dane

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf