Subject: [dcp] DCP implementation/simulator?

From: Kevin Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Dec 2001 22:00:55 -0800

Is there a real or simulated DCP implementation available? I'm building
some things on top of a version of TCP that's hacked up to be unreliable
and would like a cleaner way of doing things.

Thanks,
Kevin

_______________________________________________
dcp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcp

---

From: Eddie Kohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:48:46 -0800

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, we don't have a DCP implementation yet. Maybe your hacked-up
TCP would be an interesting starting point though...

Eddie

---

From: Kevin Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 11:26:02 -0800

Eddie,

I look forward to an implementation.

It's not too likely that the hacked-up TCP I'm using would be useful as
the basis for a DCP implementation. Too many things are different:
sequence numbers in bytes instead of packets, different connection
setup, options format, etc. In addition, the modifications are not
particularly robust to lost duplicate acks (if you're interested, we can
take the discussion off the mailing list).

Kevin