Subject: [Dcpel] bof?

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:24:20 +0200

hi all, 

i just took a look at the most recent meeting agenda for the 64th ietf
meeting. (see http://www.ietf.org/meetings/agenda_64.txt) 

it seems that the dcpel bof is not scheduled. 

is your plan todo this work in the transport area? i ask because this
work was not advertised on some of the obvious mailing lists. 

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Dcpel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcpel

---

From: Kathleen Nichols <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:34:46 -0700

> it seems that the dcpel bof is not scheduled. 

I just had word from David Kessens that he was scheduling us for
30 minutes in the Ops open area meeting for now.
> work was not advertised on some of the obvious mailing lists. 

No, not in transport. Scott and I discussed this a fair amount,
along with some discussion with other folks, and felt, as we
say in the proposal, that the major issues are more operational
now. We aren't really planning on writing a transport protocol
(say messaging or signaling) going into this. Seems like the
proper home for control plane stuff in the IETF is either Routing
or Operations and Management and this seems like the latter to
us. But where else would you like to advertise this? I have
been a bit lax on that, got buried under other stuff.

	Kathie