Subject: [Detnet] DetNet Use Case Draft 05

From: "Grossman, Ethan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 22:02:17 +0000

Hi Folks,

This version updates the Wireless for Industrial section to match the accepted format. 

Note that this use case is different than the others in that its intent is not only to present "another application for DetNet" but also to point out places where the needs for protocol development for DetNet and the 6TiSCH wireless standard overlap. Thus this section highlights these potential overlaps such that we can eventually determine which are "in scope" for DetNet. 

Ethan. 

-----Original Message-----
From: detnet [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Use Cases
        Authors         : Ethan Grossman
                          Craig Gunther
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Patrick Wetterwald
                          Jean Raymond
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Yu Kaneko
                          Subir Das
                          Yiyong Zha
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
                          Franz-Josef Goetz
                          Juergen Schmitt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-05.txt
	Pages           : 76
	Date            : 2016-02-23

Abstract:
   This draft documents requirements in several diverse industries to
   establish multi-hop paths for characterized flows with deterministic
   properties.  In this context deterministic implies that streams can
   be established which provide guaranteed bandwidth and latency which
   can be established from either a Layer 2 or Layer 3 (IP) interface,
   and which can co-exist on an IP network with best-effort traffic.

   Additional requirements include optional redundant paths, very high
   reliability paths, time synchronization, and clock distribution.
   Industries considered include wireless for industrial applications,
   professional audio, electrical utilities, building automation
   systems, radio/mobile access networks, automotive, and gaming.

   For each case, this document will identify the application, identify
   representative solutions used today, and what new uses an IETF DetNet
   solution may enable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
detnet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet