Subject: [Detnet] Fwd: NomCom 2016-2017 Call for Volunteers

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:04:06 -0700

FYI

-------- Välitetty viesti / Fwd.Msg --------
Aihe: NomCom 2016-2017 Call for Volunteers
Päiväys: Thu, 19 May 2016 12:03:42 -0700
Lähettäjä: NomCom Chair 2016 <[email-masked]>
Vastausosoite: [email-masked]
Vastaanottaja: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

Subject: NomCom 2016-2017 Call for Volunteers

The IETF nomcom appoints folks to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the 
IAB, and the IESG.

Ten voting members for the nomcom are selected in a verifiably random 
way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we 
have of choosing
a random yet representative cross section of the IETF population.

The details of the operation of the nomcom can be found in RFC 7437, and 
BCP10/RFC3797 details the selection algorithm.

Volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF meetings.  As 
specified in RFC 7437, that means three out of the five past meetings up 
to the time this email announcement goes out to start the solicitation 
of volunteers. The five meetings out of which you must have attended 
*three* are:

IETF = 91 (Honolulu)      \
        92 (Dallas)         \
        93 (Prague)          -*** ANY THREE!
        94 (Yokohama)       /
        95 (Buenos Aires)  /

If you qualify, please volunteer. Before you decide to volunteer, please 
remember that anyone appointed to this Nomcom will not be considered as 
a candidate for any of the positions that the 2016 - 2017 Nomcom is 
responsible for filling.

Some 229 people have already volunteered by ticking the box on the IETF 
95 registration form. 131 of these have been verified as eligible. I 
will contact all of these shortly. Thank you for volunteering!

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2017 IETF 
meeting, and thus the positions for which this nomcom is responsible, are

IAOC:

     Lou Berger

IAB:

     Ralph Droms
     Russ Housley
     Robert Sparks
     Andrew Sullivan
     Dave Thaler
     Suzanne Woolf

IESG:

     Jari Arkko (GEN)
     Deborah Brungard (RTG)
     Ben Campbell (ART)
     Spencer Dawkins (TSV)
     Stephen Farrell (SEC)
     Joel Jaeggli (OPS)     Terry Manderson (INT)
     Alvaro Retana (RTG)

All appointments are for 2 years. The ART and Routing areas have 3 ADs 
and the General area has 1; all other areas have 2 ADs. Thus, all areas 
(with the exception of GEN) have at least one continuing AD.

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in July 2016 and should 
be completed in January 2017.   The nomcom will have regularly scheduled 
conference calls to ensure progress. There will be activities to collect 
requirements from the community, review candidate questionnaires, review 
feedback from community members about candidates, and talk to candidates.

While being a nomcom member does require some time commitment it is also 
a very rewarding experience.

As a member of the nomcom it is very important that you be able to 
attend IETF97
(Seoul) to conduct interviews. Being at IETF96 (Berlin) is useful for 
orientation.  Being at IETF98 is not essential.

Please volunteer by sending me an email before 23:59 UTC June 20, 2016, 
as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2016-17 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the email body:

Your Full Name: __________
     // as you write it on the IETF registration form
Current Primary Affiliation:
     // Typically what goes in the Company field
     // in the IETF Registration Form
Emails: _______________
    // All email addresses used to register for the past 5 IETF meetings
    // Preferred email address first
Telephone: _______________________
     // For confirmation if selected

You should expect an email response from me within 5 business days 
stating whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive this 
response, please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND"" added to the 
subject line.

If you are not yet sure if you would like to volunteer, please consider 
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership 
of the IETF.
Questions by email or voice are welcome. Volunteering for the nomcom is 
a great way to contribute to the IETF!

You can find a detailed timeline on the nomcom web site at:
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/

I will be publishing a more detailed target timetable, as well as 
details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797 selection 
process, within the next few weeks.

Thank you!

Lucy Lynch
[email-masked]
[email-masked]