Subject: [Detnet] Polling interest in DetNet Interim

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:28:55 -0500

Subject: Polling for interest in DetNet Interim

WG,

At IETF100 it was suggested that we consider an interim meeting to have
some more focused discussion on resolving current major topics in the
WG, notably the data plane related open issues reviewed at IETF100. 
Some of our WG participants who also participate in IEEE 802.1 TSN have
graciously offered to arrange for meeting space as part of their interim
meeting and joint workshop with ITU-T Study Group 15. 

The purpose of this message is to gauge interest in participating in
this meeting, and confirming that we have critical mass to formally
schedule this interim.

The proposed schedule is as follows:

- Jan 26 Friday afternoon -  IETF DetNet WG - IEEE 802.1 TSN TG joint
session
    ** REQUIRED if don't already have ITU Badge
- Jan 27 Saturday - (optional) Joint IEEE 802 and ITU-T Study Group 15
    workshop on Building Tomorrow’s Networks
    //The afternoon is likely to be of interest to WG participants
    //while the morning should allow informal discussion time
- Jan 28/29 Sunday/Monday -- IETF DetNet Interim

It is important to note that the meeting location requires an ITU badge
for access and that badging will be limited to Friday and Monday -- YOU
MUST ATTEND FRIDAY if you wish to participate in meetings on Saturday
and Sunday.  There is no fee for attendance, but no snacks/cookies/food
provided.

If you are interested in attending, please send mail to the chairs or
(preferably) fill out the doodle poll available at:
https://doodle.com/poll/g23hnb7i3c54p97g
Please let us know if you will definitely attend (if held) or would like
to attend, but cannot yet commit.

We'd like to confirm details in time for all to make travel
arrangements. If at all possible please respond by COB December 4, if
not earlier.

Thank you,
Pat and Lou