Subject: [Detnet] Netslicing use case clarification

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 17:37:51 -0600

Dear Authors, et. al,
at the meeting in Singapore I've made a comment about mapping between 3GPP
use cases and Detnet. And I took an action to provide text that may be used
in the draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases. Please kindly consider the following:

Initial analysis of new services and market enablers by 3GPP listed more
than 70 use cases. These were later grouped into four service categories
identifying service and network requirements:

   - Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) mainly focuses on facilitating high
   data rates. eMBB aims to enable a broadband connectivity across
   heterogeneous networks including also fixed mobile convergence, assure
   broadband connectivity even under high user and vehicle mobility and
   support devices with highly variable data rates.
   Hence, eMBB requires high network capacity, predictable latency and high
   network availability.
   - Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC) enables services
   requiring ultra reliability and low latency, facilitating mission critical
   services, vehicular communications, industrial automation and control,
   Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR), tactile Internet, public safety,
   disaster and emergency response, etc. URLLC requires assuring the desired
   isolation, prioritization, rapid communication setup, very low jitter,
   location precision, etc.
   - Vehicle to Everything (V2X) focuses on:
      - safety-related services;
      - autonomous driving ;
      - comfort services.

Two first areas are considered as special cases of URLLC category of use
cases.

   -
   - Massive Internet of Things (MIoT) facilitates connectivity for
   stationary devices with non-time critical service requirements considering
   a very high amount/density of devices.

I believe that  URLLC and two of V2X service categories are the most
suitable to DetNet.

Appreciate your questions, comments.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:39:46 +0100

Le 05/12/2017 à 00:37, Greg Mirsky a écrit :
> Dear Authors, et. al,
> at the meeting in Singapore I've made a comment about mapping between 
> 3GPP use cases and Detnet. And I took an action to provide text that may 
> be used in the draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases. Please kindly consider the 
> following:
> 
>     Initial analysis of new services and market enablers by 3GPP listed
>     more than 70 use cases. These were later grouped into four service
>     categories identifying service and network requirements:
> 
>       * Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) mainly focuses on facilitating
>         high data rates. eMBB aims to enable a broadband connectivity
>         across heterogeneous networks including also fixed mobile
>         convergence, assure broadband connectivity even under high user
>         and vehicle mobility and support devices with highly variable
>         data rates.
>         Hence, eMBB requires high network capacity, predictable latency
>         and high network availability.
>       * Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC) enables
>         services requiring ultra reliability and low latency,
>         facilitating mission critical services, vehicular
>         communications, industrial automation and control, Augmented
>         Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR), tactile Internet, public
>         safety, disaster and emergency response, etc. URLLC requires
>         assuring the desired isolation, prioritization, rapid
>         communication setup, very low jitter, location precision, etc.
>       * Vehicle to Everything (V2X) focuses on:
>           o safety-related services;
>           o autonomous driving ;
>           o comfort services.
> 
>         Two first areas are considered as special cases of URLLC
>         category of use cases.

For whatever is vehicular you can bring it to the IPWAVE WG 
ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

For example, one possible perspective in IPWAVE is that a V2X message 
CAM of Europe, or BSM of America, is sent on the 3GPP link too, instead 
of just sent on the 802.11-OCB link.  If that message is critical, then 
a QoS field Traffic Class in 3GPP headers could be mapped into a similar 
field of 802.11-OCB headers.

The autonomous driving and the comfort services parts of V2X can also be 
of high relevance in IPWAVE WG.

For 'netslicing', I heard about first demos of "sliced 5G" for cars.

Alex