Subject: [Detnet] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 08:31:20 -0400

All,

This starts a two-week working group last call for
draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16

The working group last call ends on May 30.
Please send your comments to the detnet mailing list.

Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document
and believe it is ready for publication", are welcome!
This is useful and important, even from authors.

Thank you,
DetNet Chairs

---

From: "Grossman, Ethan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 16:52:20 +0000

As editor of the draft, I have reviewed the draft and believe it is ready for publication. 
Ethan.

-----Original Message-----
From: detnet [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lou Berger
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:31 AM
To: DetNet WG <[email-masked]>
Cc: DetNet Chairs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Detnet] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16

All,

Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready for publication", are welcome!
This is useful and important, even from authors.

Thank you,
DetNet Chairs

_______________________________________________
detnet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet

---

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 18:39:29 +0200

Hi all,

I read the draft. In my opinion is ready for publication.

regards
*Xavier Vilajosana*
*CIO*
Office: <javascript:void(0);>[ <javascript:void(0);>+34] 93 418 0585
<javascript:void(0);>
Cell: <javascript:void(0);>[ <javascript:void(0);>+34] 646 633 681
<javascript:void(0);>
[email-masked]
<[email-masked]>

Missatge de Grossman, Ethan A. <[email-masked]> del dia dc., 16 de maig

-- 

 <http://www.worldsensing.com/> 
<https://es.linkedin.com/company/worldsensing-s.l.n.e> 
<https://twitter.com/worldsensing> 
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExBd3gO-ZBZwz4fqOrKgWA>

BARCELONAViriat, 47, Edificio Numancia 1, 10th floor, 08014 Barcelona, 
Spain

LONDON9-10 Carlos Place, Mayfair - London W1K 3AT, United Kingdom - 
+44 (0) 203 807 2495

This email may contain confidential information and 
may be subject to professional secrecy. Its dissemination, copying, 
distribution, reproduction, forwarding or any other unauthorized use is 
strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify us 
immediately and arrange for its deletion, together with any attached 
documents.
Este correo electrónico puede contener información estrictamente 
confidencial, y puede estar sometido al secreto profesional. Está prohibida 
su difusión, copia, distribución, reproducción, reenvío o cualquier otro 
uso no autorizado. En caso de recibir este correo por error, rogamos nos lo 
comunique de inmediato y proceda a su eliminación, así como de cualquier 
documento que se adjunte.

---

From: "Prof. Diego Dujovne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 12:53:14 -0400

Dear all,
             I have read the draft and I think it is ready for publication.
Thank you.
Regards,

                      Diego Dujovne

2018-05-17 12:39 GMT-04:00 Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>:

> Office:[+34] 93 418 0585
> Cell:[+34] 646 633 681
> *BARCELONA*
> Viriat, 47, Edificio Numancia 1, 10th floor, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
> *LONDON*
> 9-10 Carlos Place, Mayfair - London W1K 3AT, United Kingdom - +44 (0) 203
> 807 2495
> This email may contain confidential information and may be subject to
> professional secrecy. Its dissemination, copying, distribution,
> reproduction, forwarding or any other unauthorized use is strictly
> prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify us

-- 
DIEGO DUJOVNE
Profesor Asociado
Escuela de Informática y Telecomunicaciones
Facultad de Ingeniería - Universidad Diego Portales - Chile
www.ingenieria.udp.cl
(56 2) 676 8125

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 21:36:00 +0000

Looking at Section 11 (which is starting to tease out common requirements)
from a Transport (Area) viewpoint, I have a couple of questions:

11.1.6.  Guaranteed End-to-End Delivery

   Packets sent over DetNet are guaranteed not to be dropped by the
   network due to congestion.  (Packets may however be dropped for
   intended reasons, e.g.  per security measures).

David> What about media (e.g., CRC) errors?

11.1.9.  Unused Reserved BW to be Available to Best Effort Traffic

   If bandwidth reservations are made for a stream but the associated
   bandwidth is not used at any point in time, that bandwidth is made
   available on the network for best-effort traffic.  If the owner of
   the reserved stream then starts transmitting again, the bandwidth is
   no longer available for best-effort traffic, on a moment-to-moment
   basis.  Note that such "temporarily available" bandwidth is not
   available for time-sensitive traffic, which must have its own
   reservation.

David> Is this just about bandwidth, or a more general notion of network
resources including capacity for queueing/buffering, even though bandwidth
may be the most user-visible resource?

Thanks, --David

> Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:31 AM
> To: DetNet WG
> Cc: DetNet Chairs

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 10:45:54 -0400

Hello,
     The WG last call on this document is closed.  Authors, please 
address any comments received on or off list -- and let the WG know how 
each issues is resolved, as well as when you think the document is ready 
to progress. (On list issues should be responded to directly.)

Thank you,
Lou

PS I also have largely editorial comments as part of my shepherd review 
and will work with the authors directly to get these addressed - and 
expect the authors to report back to the WG on these editorial changes.