Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 19:54:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Use Cases
        Author          : Ethan Grossman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16.txt
	Pages           : 90
	Date            : 2018-05-15

Abstract:
   This draft documents requirements in several diverse industries to
   establish multi-hop paths for characterized flows with deterministic
   properties.  In this context deterministic implies that streams can
   be established which provide guaranteed bandwidth and latency which
   can be established from either a Layer 2 or Layer 3 (IP) interface,
   and which can co-exist on an IP network with best-effort traffic.

   Additional requirements include optional redundant paths, very high
   reliability paths, time synchronization, and clock distribution.
   Industries considered include professional audio, electrical
   utilities, building automation systems, wireless for industrial,
   cellular radio, industrial machine-to-machine, mining, private
   blockchain, and network slicing.

   For each case, this document will identify the application, identify
   representative solutions used today, and the improvements IETF DetNet
   solutions may enable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/