Subject: [Detnet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:37:32 -0700

Dear All,
the draft has received major re-work by Mach (welcome the new co-author)
and me:

   - define d-ACH to be used for DetNet OAM over MPLS network. d-ACH is
   also the source of sequencing information for active OAM thanks to the
   Sequence Number field (Reserved field in PW ACH).
   - described use of GAL in DetNet OAM over MPLS network.
   - because of the above updates, changed to the Standard track.

Also, you'll notice the placeholder for the definition of active OAM for
DetNet over IPvX network. draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-ip has its own
placeholder for OAM. Perhaps we can decide which document will provide the
definition. In the meantime, we need your help with the definition of
DetNet Flow ID over IPvX. The Flow ID must be shared by data and active OAM
packets to ensure that the test packets are in-band with the data packets.
This requirement may affect the use of the destination port number as the
element of the Flow ID, as proposed in Section 3.1 of
draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-ip.

Your comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome and much
appreciated.

Authors believe that the document addresses an important part of DetNet
technology, the proposed solution is technically viable and the text is
readable. Hence, appreciate WG Chairs consideration for WG adoption call.

Best regards,
Greg

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01.txt
To: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Mach Chen (Guoyi) <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-detnet-oam
Revision:       01
Title:          Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) for
Deterministic Networks (DetNet)
Document date:  2018-09-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-detnet-oam/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-detnet-oam
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-detnet-oam-01

Abstract:
   This document lists functional requirements for Operations,
   Administration and Maintenance (OAM) toolset in Deterministic
   Networks (DetNet) and, using these requirements; defines format and
   use principals of the DetNet service Associated Channel.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat