Subject: [Detnet] Francesca Palombini's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 03:02:49 -0700

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work on this document.

Many thanks to Robert Sparks for his ART ART review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/art/IVotuLgxpTSyiLdkNk9O1RdkrVI/ , and
thanks to the authors for addressing it.

I agree with Robert (and with Murray, who has brought it up in the context of
the shepherd write-up) that it is not completely clear to me why this document
is Informational. This is not a major comment that should stop publication, nor
it rises to the level of a blocking DISCUSS, but it might be good to have a
short discussion during the telechat on its intended status, to understand its
purpose and audience. Is it expected that this document will be referenced by
Standard Track RFCs in the future?

Francesca