Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt

From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:31:37 -0400 (EDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Procedure for Defining New DHCP Options
	Author(s)	: R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 19-Oct-98

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) provides a framework
   for passing configuration information to hosts on a TCP/IP network.
   Configuration parameters and other control information are carried in
   tagged data items that are stored in the 'options' field of the DHCP
   message.  The data items themselves are also called 'options.'

   New DHCP options may be defined after the publication of the DHCP
   specification to accommodate requirements for conveyance of new
   configuration parameters.  This document describes the procedure for
   defining new DHCP options.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za

	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it

	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org

	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the URL
below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
<mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draf
t-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt>
[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the URL
below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-04.txt>