Subject: Status of draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-05.txt

From: Juan-Antonio Ibanez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I just joined the list and I have a special interest in the I-D
draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-05.txt, particularly the 'Agent Circuit ID'
sub-option.

What is the current status of this I-D? Is it on the way to becoming an
RFC?

In a cellular packet data network the Agent Circuit ID sub-option would
be very useful to locate the terminal equipment that generated a
DHCPDISCOVER message and to which the DHCPOFFER(s) have to be relayed by
a relay agent.

/Juan

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:08:07 -0400 (EDT)

> What is the current status of this I-D? Is it on the way to becoming an

This ID is (was?) close to being approved by the IESG to become a
Proposed Standard. All that is needed is a revised document submitted
as an Internet Draft. You'll need to contact the document's author
directly to find out when a new draft will be submitted.

Thomas