Subject: New draft <draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-00.txt>

From: Vipul Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:29:50 -0400 (EDT)

Due to an apparent mix-up, the announcement for this draft
  was posted to the Mobile IP mailing list rather than the
  DHCP mailing list.
  
  thanks for your time,
  
  vipul
  
---------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Flexible Authentication for DHCP Messages
        Author(s)       : V. Gupta
        Filename        : draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-00.txt
        Pages           : 11
        Date            : 29-Jun-99

This memo proposes minor extensions to the draft by Droms and Arbaugh
[DrAr98] with the aim of offering greater flexibility in
authenticating Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) messages.
In particular, these changes add support for digital signatures to
the existing support for keyed hashes. The use of digital signatures
simplifies key management and also allows authentication of mobile
clients that roam between different administrative domains. This
proposal also includes hooks to support multiple forms of replay
detection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-00.txt

--
Vipul Gupta, Ph.D. (Networking and Security Center, Sun Labs)
Sun Microsystems, Inc                    Phone: +1-650-786-3614
901 San Antonio Road, MS UMPK15-214      Fax: +1-650-786-6445	
Palo Alto, CA 94303 (USA)                Email: [email-masked]