Subject: Re:

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:48:08 -0400 (EDT)

> more broadly as possibly a question about the Windows DHCP client that
> might be of general interest.

Probably so, but for a DHCP-Interest list is my feeling.

> Specifically, will the Windows client accept and will the Windows stack
> then use a "time server" option?

Use it with what? They don't have an NTP client or anything in the
currently shipping products, and there isn't any way of passing this
option data to an external client (except with NT registry extension).
Future releases of one of their platforms may or may not fix either or
both of these issues.

The original questioner will have to either (A) stick with NET TIME or
(B) use an aftermarket NTP client which will not be configurable via
BOOTP/DHCP without renewing the lease independently (of which there are
none that I am aware of).

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                            [email-masked]
+1-650-685-0557                                    http://www.ehsco.com