Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt

From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 06:16:54 -0400 (EDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Interaction between DHCP and DNS
	Author(s)	: Y. Rekhter, M. Stapp
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
DHCP provides a powerful mechanism for IP host configuration.
However, the configuration capability provided by DHCP does not
include updating DNS, and specifically updating the name to address
and address to name mappings maintained in the DNS.
This document specifies how DHCP clients and servers should use the
Dynamic DNS Updates mechanism in [RFC2136] to update the DNS name to
address and address to name mappings so that the mappings for DHCP
clients will be consistent with the IP addresses that the clients
acquire via DHCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-10.txt>