Subject: DHCP and Internet Access

From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:22:03 -0400 (EDT)

message sent to [email-masked] by [email-masked] follows.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi -

I am currently setting up a DHCP server for what will be around 500 clients.
Circa 100 of which are considered "trusted clients" and have been granted
Internet Access via their IP address thru the firewall.  

What I need to know is this - Is it possible to configure a Solstice
Firewall to grant access to the Internet via recognising a trusted machine
name, or does it need to operate via the IP address? If we cannot change the
firewall, is there anyway we can reserve a bank of IPs on the DHCP server to
allocate to certain machine names?

Thanks

James Herbert
Internal Systems
Wilco International Ltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which 
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. 
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any 
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. 
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
materialfrom any computer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

---

From: Mary Ellen Hegedus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:15:17 -0400 (EDT)

How do I get out of this service??? I was put here by mistake and want to
unsubscribe.  Mary Ellen Hegedus