Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt

From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host
Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DHCP Failover Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Droms, K. Kinnear, M. Stapp, B. Volz,
			  S. Gonczi, G. Rabil, M. Dooley, A. Kapur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt
	Pages		: 122
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
DHCP [RFC 2131] allows for multiple servers to be operating on a
single network. Some sites are interested in running multiple servers
in such a way so as to provide redundancy in case of server failure.
In order for this to work reliably, the cooperating primary and
secondary servers must maintain a consistent database of the lease
information.  This implies that servers will need to coordinate any
and all lease activity so that this information is synchronized in
case of failover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt>