Subject: Connectathon '00 Announcement

From: Mike Carney - SNT Internet Engineering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:44:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks,

Connectathon testing for DHCP will be held in March on the 6th
through the 8th (that's monday through wednesday).

If you'd be interested in volunteering as DHCP technology
coordinator for this connectathon, please let Audrey and me know.
I've been doing this for 4 years, and I'd like to give someone else
an opportunity to lead the testing. Connectathon is vendor-neutral,
so any implementor is welcome to volunteer.

If you have items you'd like to see tested for this session (such
as DHCPv6 or server-to-server) send them along!

Here's the official announcement:

Plans for Connectathon 2000 are already under way!  The 14th annual
Connectathon event, an interoperability testing event for engineers
only, will be held March 2-9, 2000 in San Jose, California.
Connectathon, sponsored by Sun Microsystems, Inc., hosts nearly 30
companies annually in an effort to test and debug source code which
utilize the following technologies and protocols:

    NFS versions 2, 3 and 4
    NFS over TCP
    WebNFS
    Lock Manager
    NIS/NIS+/DNS
    TI-RPC
    Kerberos
    Automounter
    IPv6
    DHCP
    LDAP
    Gigabit Ethernet

Based on demand, in addition we are considering to offer:

    NFS over IPv6
    RPC over IPv6
    Service Location Protocol
    IPsec
    Mobile IPv4

If you are interested in testing any of the above 5 protocols, please
send a note to [email-masked] and we'll gauge interest.  Or if you have a

suggestion for another technology, feel free to contact us as well.

Testing continues 24 hours per day.  Technology testing coordinators
will organize testing procedures and test suite material.  In
addition, there will be seminars with speakers addressing various
topics.

The registration deadline is February 14, 2000.  An Early Bird
Discount on booth fees is available to those who register and pay by
December 31, 1999.  For registration information, please see our web
site at http://www.connectathon.org.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Audrey Van
Belleghem at [email-masked] or (408) 358-9598.

We look forward to seeing you at the 14th annual Connectathon event!

Audrey Van Belleghem
Connectathon Manager

Mike Carney
SNT Internet Engineering
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Mailstop UBUR02-212
One Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803