Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt

From: Vipul Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like a typo (dncp-v4 rather than dhcp-v4) will prevent
  this announcement from appearing on the DHCP mailing list.
  
  This version reflects the feedback I received in Oslo. The
  draft name is still draft-gupta-* rather than draft-ietf-dhcp-*
  because I was unable to get it out to the chairs by Oct 15
  (as per their request).

  Hopefully, the next submission of this draft will reflect
  the name change. In the meantime, please send whatever 
  comments you might have. There are certain unresolved issues
  (look for paragraphs marked DISCUSSION) that require working
  group input.
  
  thanks for your time,
  
  vipul
------------- Begin Forwarded Message -------------

Mime-Version: 1.0
To: IETF-Announce:;@loki.ietf.org
CC: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:07:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flexible Authentication for DHCP Messages
	Author(s)	: V. Gupta
	Filename	: draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This memo proposes a new protocol (Protocol 2) for DHCP
authentication within the general framework outlined by Droms and
Arbaugh [DrAr98].  This protocol supports the use of digital
signatures and multiple forms of replay detection in authenticating
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) messages. The use of
digital signatures simplifies key management and also allows
authentication of mobile clients that roam between different
administrative domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

------------- End Forwarded Message -------------

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-01.txt
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>