Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:37:27 -0400 (EDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: DHC load balancing algorithm
	Author(s)	: B. Volz, S Gonczi, R. Stevens
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
This draft proposes a method of algorithmic load balancing
that enables multiple, cooperating servers to decide which one
should service a client, without requiring participating servers
to exchange information.
It proposes a computable server selection mechanism for the
DHCP or DHC Failover  Protocol.
In addition, it provides for the use of the same mechanism
to govern the target server selection of a forwarding agent
such as a BOOTP relay.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-loadb-00.txt>