Subject: Clearly identifying this mailing list

From: Eric Michelsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:39:41 -0500 (EST)

Is there a way for the To: field of messages from this exploder to include
the name of the mailing list?  I get mail from lots of sources, and several
exploders, most of which identify themselves in the To: (PPP, DSL Forum,
etc.).  On this list, having the To: field say simply "Multiple recipients
of list" makes it very hard to pick up the thread.
-------------------------------------------
Eric L. Michelsen, Copper Mountain Networks

---

From: "Alan S. Dobkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:33:17 -0500 (EST)

--On Friday, December 10, 1999 4:43 PM -0500 Eric Michelsen
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> the name of the mailing list?  I get mail from lots of sources, and
> several exploders, most of which identify themselves in the To: (PPP, DSL
> Forum, etc.).  On this list, having the To: field say simply "Multiple
> recipients of list" makes it very hard to pick up the thread.

Actually, the To: header does include the name of the list as part of
the list address, but you are probably using one of those "user friendly" 
e-mail clients that is cutting it off.  Here is the actual header line:

To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>

Alan

-- 
Alan S. Dobkin, Operating Systems Analyst
Windows NT Group, Enterprise Systems Support
Information Technology Division, Emory University

---

From: Eric Michelsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 02:37:27 -0500 (EST)

Yes, I see that the emailer I am forced to use is omitting the contents of
the angle brackets, and I see no way to change this broken characteristic.
However, since the label "Multiple recipients of list" adds no information,
how about if it said "DHCP-v4 list" instead?
-------------------------------------------
Eric L. Michelsen, Copper Mountain Networks 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alan S. Dobkin [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 15:34
> To: Multiple recipients of list
> Subject: Re: Clearly identifying this mailing list
> 
>

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:51:33 -0500 (EST)

I don't have direct control over the mailing list processor.  I'll ask and
find out if we can arrange to put a better identifier in the "To:" field...

- Ralph