Subject: Listserv server unavailable 12/18, 8am-8pm

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:00:25 -0500 (EST)

I received the message included below earlier today.  Because
of the mailing list processor upgrades, the [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked] and
[email-masked] mailing lists will not be available
on 12/18.  I would guess, although I'm not positive, that mail
sent to those mailing lists while the system is down will be
queued and sent after the upgrade is complete.

- Ralph Droms

=====

The Listserv server will be unavailable on Saturday, December 18
from 8am - 8pm while ISR upgrades the listserver for Y2K
compliance and to improve performance.  This means that you will
be unable to use any Bucknell-hosted list to send messages during
this time.  You also might experience infrequent, short
email outages.

After the upgrade you should notice only minor differences,
with one exception.  Any lists whose archives had previously
been available through gopher will now be accessed via a new
web archiving service. For more information,
go to http://www.listproc.bucknell.edu.

If you experience any trouble with a list after the upgrade,
please contact your list owner.  List owners please contact
the Tech Desk @77777 if you experience any problems.

ISR regrets any inconvenience.

Lorraine Eisenhuth
ISR/CCS

--
========================================================================
If you do not wish to receive CCS outage announcements and status
reports via e-mail, you may choose to use any of World Wide Web (WWW),
Usenet Newsgroups or Gopher, instead.  To access the announcements
newsgroup, read the bucknell.ccs.announce newsgroup using the "tin"
program on coral or Newswatcher on a network connected Macintosh.  To
use Gopher, use the "gopher" program on coral or the TurboGopher
program on a network connected Macintosh.  Gopher programs and
newsreaders may also be available on other systems (i.e. the Sun
network).  To use WWW, use your favorite WWW client with the URL:

http://coral.bucknell.edu/cgi-bin/nntp?bucknell.ccs.announce
Informational handouts and training shortcourses are available from CCS.

If you are uninterested in this class of information or wish to use
WWW, gopher or the newsgroup, you may UNSUBSCRIBE from this list by
sending an e-mail message to [email-masked] with a blank subject
and the body of your message containing the line:

UNSUBSCRIBE CCS-ANNOUNCE
========================================================================