Subject: draft on DHCP Next Server option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:14:45 -0500 (EST)

As agreed by the WG at the DC meeting, I have split the
DHCP Double Phase Configuration document
(draft-privat-dhc-doublephase-01.txt) into two drafts:
one for the redirect option and one for the proxy approach.

Mike Borella and I produced the draft on the redirect approach.
It can be found at:
http://www.borella.net/draft-ietf-dhc-nextserver-00.txt

It is a generalisation of the option proposed previously which
allows a DHCP server to redirect a client to a secondary configuration
server (DHCP, RSIP, etc...).
As discussed at the meeting, we intend to submit this draft as a
WG document destined for standards-track status (whereas the 
proxy approach will be in an informational document).

Please send your comments to the list.

Thanks,
Jerome Privat,
BT