Subject: RE: DHCP Packets with Option 82 from Trusted Circuit

From: "Mark Llacuna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:44:00 -0700

: > Our relay agent may add a circuit id and/or a remote id depending
: > on the configuration.  However, it needs to be configured to add
: > a circuit id in the scenario I've mentioned wherein the 
: agent requires
: > additional information for it to relay responses back to the DSLAM.
: 
: Hrm, so you might need a circuit ID for the relay agent, and then a
: different circuit ID for the DSLAM?
: 
: 			       _MelloN_
:

Yes. Either we'll have the relay agent encode the entire DSLAM's
option 82 as an extension of its circuit id suboption, or as
separate suboptions in addition to the relay agent suboptions
(whichever is the better non-standard solution.)

Mark

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:03:55 -0700

I think the right thing to do is to define a standard suboption that
says "this is an encapsulated relay agent option".

			       _MelloN_