Subject: [dhcwg] Implementation problem

From: "Guja, ArturX" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:13:02 +0200

Can a client get ANY address from the available pools, 
or does it only get a prefix to be filled with its interface identifier?

Or, is it the server's duty to make sure, that the addresses passed
to the client are of the form:
prefix + interface ID
If so, the server could take the interface ID of the client from the
client's
link local address (if it still gets it, I'm not sure after all the changes
here).

Does the client check the addresses' structure, or does it assign those
addresses to its interfaces on an "AS IS" principle?

Artur G.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:55:09 -0400 (EDT)

We have gone back and forth on this.  I am assuming we are now at the
state where you use it as-is?  I believe that was consensus of last round?
If we don't do this it gets too complicated to finish this spec for last
call.  In the future we can extend address types and scenarios.  

/jim