Subject: DHCPv6 and DSTM (Dual Stack Transition Mechanism)

From: Bernie Volz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:40:36 -0500

Jim Bound, et al,

Jim ... have you considered the impact of the DHCPv6 changes to
draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt? Are there capabilities we need to include or
modify with the revised DHCPv6 specification to accommodate DSTM needs?

I haven't studied the DSTM specification carefully, but did notice it used
and modified DHCPv6 somewhat. It doesn't appear that the capabilities
required would be that difficult to include. Of course, you'll have to
revise the DSTM draft.

I'm also wondering if there are other drafts out there that add to or modify
DHCPv6 behavoir that should be reviewed. We might either want to pull the
functionality into the DHCPv6 specification directly (though at this time
more work is likely not desireable) or at least alert the authors of those
drafts that DHCPv6 is changing and they'll need to revise their drafts
(hopefully they are monitoring the work and providing input).

- Bernie Volz
  Ericsson

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:42:24 -0600

Hi Bernie,

Yes the draft has been completely modified to support our new model (the
dhcpv6
option part.  We want to put it in the base its just an option we need.  I
will posting a new DSTM draft to the IETF this weekend.  Ralph and Mike have
it and have thenew option.  I don't want to send the draft now as edits and
authors are 
just tiding it up.  The NGTRANS group needs an IANA op-type for this option
as
this draft will go to PS in NGTRANS and is referenced by other transition
mechanisms.

regards,
/jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Bernie Volz [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 9:41 PM
> To: DHCPv6 discussion list
> Subject: DHCPv6 and DSTM (Dual Stack Transition Mechanism)
> 
> 
> Jim Bound, et al,
>