Subject: Changes to mailing lists

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:24:50 -0400

I'm about to move the DHC WG mailing lists to the IETF mailing list 
service.  This transition gives us a chance to think about the organization 
of the mailing lists.

Why make a change?  Well, there's some duplication of e-mail and (at least 
recently) not a lot of traffic on either list.  For example, I send WG 
meeting announcements, minutes, (this message!), etc. to both lists.

Here are three ways we could make the transition to the IETF mail service:

* Merge dhcp-v4 and dhcp-v6 into one list
* Create a dhcwg mailing list for all WG-related
   administrivia and technical conversation about DHCP
   RFCs and I-Ds, and a dhcpv6 mailing list focused on
   the DHCPv6 I-D
* Leave the lists unchanged

I'm bringing this issue to the mailing list to explore options and develop 
consensus about any changes to the mailing list as I move them to the IETF 
service.  Please post all follow up e-mail to the [email-masked] 
mailing *only*.

- Ralph