Subject: [dhcwg] Accept <draft-vijay-dhc-dhcpv6-ipv6trans-00.txt> as WG work item?

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:12:25 -0500

We have a request to accept draft-vijay-dhc-dhcpv6-ipv6trans-00.txt as a WG
action item.  Here is the abstract and Introduction:

Abstract

    For the newly deployed IPv6 networks to interoperate with vastly
    deployed IPv4 networks, various transition mechanisms had been
    proposed.  One such mechanism is configured tunnels.  This document
    provides a mechanism by which the DHCPv6 servers can provide
    information about the various configured tunnel end points to reach
    the IPv6 nodes which are separated by IPv4 networks.

1.  Introduction

    In the initial deployment of IPv6, the IPv6 nodes may need to
    communicate with the other IPv6 nodes via IPv4 networks.  Configured
    tunnels [3] provide a way to encapsulate the IPv6 packets in IPv4
    packets and tunnel them in the IPv4 network.

    This document defines a new option called Configured Tunnel End Point
    by which the DHCPv6 [1] server can notify the client with the list of
    end point of the configured tunnels to the various IPv6 networks
    separated by the IPv4 networks.

    [1]  Bound, J., Carney, M., Perkins, C., Lemon, T., Volz, B.  and R.
	Droms (ed.), "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
	(DHCPv6)", RFC 3315, July 2003.

    [3]  R. Gilligan, E. Nordmark, "Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts
         and Routers", RFC 2893,  August 2000.

Please respond to [email-masked] by 1/6/2004 with comments about this I-D
and whether the dhc WG should accept this I-D as a WG work item.  If there
are no objections, the default action will be for the dhc WG to accept the
I-D as a WG work item.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:49:26 -0500

Hello Ralph, et al:

I believe this draft is now
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-dhc-dhcpv6-ctep-opt-01.txt.
I don't have any objection in taking on this document.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ralph
Droms
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 8:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] Accept <draft-vijay-dhc-dhcpv6-ipv6trans-00.txt> as WG work
item?

Abstract

1.  Introduction

- Ralph

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:14:20 -0600

I think this one is fine in principle.